IGNORED

Yankee Beemers Frosty Nuts Campout April 29-May 1 Wilgus State Park VT

R80RTKen

The Annual Yankee Beemer’s Frosty Nutz campout is taking place April 29th – May 1st, at Wilgus State Park in Ascutney Vt. (N43° 23.397' W72° 24.398') Its right off Rt 5 and easy to get to from 91.

Wilgus State Park is a beautiful little campground on the banks of the Connecticut River right in the center of the best riding in New England. There are clean restrooms and hot showers are available. This is a great pre-season campout / party event where you can camp before the tourists get there, and pretty much have all of Vermont to yourself. There is still snow on some of the Ski Slopes, and you can ride over to Killington for Spring Skiing, or ride to Ben and Jerrys for an Ice Cream. The past few years it's been sunny and 70, but it can be cold so pack accordingly.

This is a no frills event, there's a bonfire and nice fire pits with grills. There is a butcher shop nearby. This is my favorite event of the year, and if you are into rustic camping, twisty mountain roads and think Vermont is the most charming place in the world THIS IS THE EVENT FOR YOU!

COST: $20 Mail payment by check to

Wallace French, YB treasurer

PO Box 505822

Chelsea Ma 02150.

See the Yankee Beemers Forum for more info and FAQ's

http://www.yankeebeemers.org/forum/showthread.php?2151-Frosty-Nutz-2011-Apr29th-May1st&p=15046#post15046

See you there!

-Your hosts

Ken Springhetti and Bill Cusack

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be near Woodstock at hunting camp. We'll be on our KLR's enjoying those VT back roads when we're not in the woods. Maybe we'll see some of you guys riding around or more likely at the local diner....! "Ride to Eat, Eat to Ride"!

The 2011 Frosty Nutz campout was a great time! It was warm and sunny, no rain, and about 100 Bikes, nearly all BMW's showed up. We had a grand bonfire, several mini-bonfires, and a lot of great food cooked over the fire. Riding the Gaps, the dirt roads, the trails and Rt 100 to Woodstock was the highlight of the weekend.

See you next year!

-Ken

camp_sm2.jpg

Ok Ken what gives, I looked at the picture a few times now & nowhere do I see a bag of walnuts cashews or pistachios! :grin:

Pat

Archived