IGNORED

Big Dog history

moshe_levy

John Ranalletta

Likely, it's a credit crunch story. Any bike or car maker that doesn't have a captured financing entity or who can't afford to extend easy credit is doomed to fail.

I'd be interested to see the buyer demographics for Big Dogs.

Dennis Andress
Bike enthusiasts can’t believe it, saying they love the bikes because Big Dog is big, loud ....

How do I differentiate myself from enthusiasts like these?

I live close to Wichita, and visited the factory several times trying to become a supplier.

Big Dog was the king of the factory custom bikes. They really did a good job, they put together their own engines from S&S parts, broke them in at the factory before installing in the bikes. Every bike was test ridden and not released until perfect. The air brush artists were given free rein within reason, and they had tank and fender sets painted so you could visit and pick your paint, or get custom. They had dreams of being the next Harley. They had a few issues, as all mfg do. Bike fanatics, every one of them, and I know they smile as much as I do when the ride. I feel bad for all the people who lost their dream job.

Who knows, maybe I will be able to pick one up for cheap as a toy. I know, but it has two wheels and goes.

Rod

Bike enthusiasts can’t believe it, saying they love the bikes because Big Dog is big, loud ....

Twist the wrist?

Dennis Andress

Twist the wrist?

That would work, but I'm riding an EX-500 this week. Most of the time the throttle is pretty near the stop...

Archived