IGNORED

An unscheduled weekend tour!

ryan_a1982

My wifes friends invited us to a concert Friday in San Jose. We got a friend to watch the dog and we took off! We rode from Sac to SJ and saw the show then hung out with some friends.

We stayed the night and then ride up to Castle Rock park on Saturday and through Big Basin state park. We then took Skyline Road to the famous Alice's Restaurant then dropped down to Half Moon Bay. We decided we weren't ready to go home yet so I got on the phone and booked a room in Santa Rosa, it was only 80 more miles north.

We went through San Francisco and across the Golden Gate Bridge. It was so windy across the bridge that my wife felt that she was going to get blown off the bike and she said "I swore I was going to die today", after we got off the bike. While she though she was about to die, I was actually laughing in my helmet because the winds were so strong. I needed the entire lane. Good thing that lasted only for 30 miles...it was a long 30 miles.

Today we woke up and rode up Calistoga Rd to Calistoga and then 128 through St. Helena and around Lake Berryessa to Winters and on to home to Folsom.

It was only about a 370 mile trip, but over half of it was off the main highways and the roads were twisty!

Below are a couple of pics.....but here are the rest: FLIKR

5608790344_fb033b73a3_z.jpg

5608791710_66eed42286_z.jpg

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Sounds like a nice ride Ryan!

Now go paint a silhouette out in the driveway (bottom pic) and see if the neighbors notice!

Duane n Oregon

So let's see, you...

took a ride to see a concert,

had a fun ride the next day,

saw sunshine,

went to Alice's restaurant,

decided to play it by ear and add a night,

got to ride an additional day.

I don't know you, but I think I hate you! (Jealousy coming out, sorry.)

EDIT--I just checked out the pics, and I think I hate you more. (More jealously maybe?)

Duane,

Jealousy coming from someone that runs a moto touring company in Oregon makes me feel pretty good! It was a great weekend.

My goal this summer is to ride up to Crater Lake and then cut across Oregon to the coast and head back home through Humboldt/Hwy 299 and then Across to Lassen and down to Sacramento.

Are you in southern Oregon?

Duane n Oregon

Nope, just outside Portland. That sounds like a great trip. Crater Lake is beautiful and I love the Redwoods. I rode there last year. Ride Report

"Runs a moto touring company" should really be "Hopes to make a dream into reality someday."

Post a report after your summer trip! My trip is to Hell's Canyon in NE Oregon, on to Lolo Pass and Missoula, then back home around Mt. Rainier, Adams, and St. Helens.

Nice ride Ryan. I am waiting for some sun, rode in the rain all winter. Snow in all the passes this week, will it end?...

Bruce,

I went out and hopped on the bike this AM and it rained on me while going to work! It was kind of nice though, my bike was covered in bugs from this weekend and I took a minute to wipe them all off with a hanky when I got to work.

I just checked outside and it is raining again, which chances of hail for the ride home this afternoon. What gives?

You know what they say about April showers....

Duane,

Jealousy coming from someone that runs a moto touring company in Oregon makes me feel pretty good! It was a great weekend.

My goal this summer is to ride up to Crater Lake and then cut across Oregon to the coast and head back home through Humboldt/Hwy 299 and then Across to Lassen and down to Sacramento.

Are you in southern Oregon?

Nice weekend ride. I am in southern Oregon....give me a shout if you need any routing suggestions for this summer.

Archived