IGNORED

Miles Per Post

OlGeezer

To celebrate the coming of the riding season for most of us and being right around the corner for the rest of us, I thought I would launch my semi-annual thread of miles per post. According to my profile, I joined BMWST.com forums on March 29, 2005. At the time, I had a mere 50,922 miles on my RT. Today, I have 153,424 miles. In between, I have posted 1,382 times resulting in 74 miles per post.

How about you? Are you a rider or a poster?

hmmmmmmmm, I joined in Nov '01 and have ridden approx. 220K since then. So; 220K / 795 = 276MPP

That's pretty dang good! You'll be able to average out Kmac.

:D

Paul Mihalka

OK, here we go: Since I got my '99 R1100RT and got on board, about 375K miles and over 10K posts. About 37 miles/post.

I joined right after getting my new-to-me bike and have put 83k on it as of last fillup. Due to my verbosity, I'm at 34.6 mpp. Do I qualify as a poser or a poster?

----

This is like deja vu all over again :P

Right. Hench the "my semi-annual thread " tag.

Go back and revisit that previous thread.

Michael & Russel make a great observation on page 6.

Paul and Marty finish off with an excellent point of their own on page 8.

Come to think of it, the audacity of you to post a question to a problem of yours on this board.

Do you realize that you've managed to effect the miles/post ratio of your fellow members here including your truly?

This is like deja vu all over again :P

Right. Hench the "my semi-annual thread " tag.

Go back and revisit that previous thread.

Michael & Russel make a great observation on page 6.

Paul and Marty finish off with an excellent point of their own on page 8.

Come to think of it, the audacity of you to post a question to a problem of yours on this board.

Do you realize that you've managed to effect the miles/post ratio of your fellow members here including your truly?

I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm not bragging nor am I calling anyone a "poser". That was someone elss's term. O.K., maybe I did slam kmac, but I stopped and cut him some slack after his back surgery.

Relax. This is supposed to be fun. If you don't want to participate, that is your prerogative.

I'm not a big talker, but I have managed 72 posts over the past 5 years. And in the same time I have put 92k km (57k miles) on the bike, so i guess that makes me 792 MPP. Not sure if I need to yak more or ride less...

Jim

Still sitting around 1,000 miles per post.

Registered on the site in the spring of 99 when I was riding my 75/5. I picked up my 99RT Oct 99 and put on 155k miles. Since 2008 riding the 2007 1200GT.

I'm a reader and a rider I guess....

I don't know if we have enough data for an accurate representation. So far, we have 11 datasets. High is 2,550 MPP, low is 0.5 MPP and an average of 459 MPP.

Witch_Doctor

This is interesting, I just bought another Beemer, and have put 1100 miles on it since buying it on March 25th. My join date was 4/07, so thats what, my math sucks . . . 157MPP

.00000000000000000000000001 MPP...lol geez.

I will make up for it this summer I hope.

Not sure if thats enough 0s....

Does miles on my bike that my buddy has put on it while I am post surgical count to MY average...they are miles on MY bike?

Actually I have put about 4k on my BMW alone since I bought it and joined here when i picked up my bike and 1008 post YTD so I am up around 4 MPP....not the lowest guy here...and still recovering.

Geez, you dont gotta cut me any slack....I deserve all harassment that is dished out to me....just ask my wife.

16200/42 = 385 miles/post

I could never compete with the august Ol'Geezer

Are you kidding me? I've tried to hit 100 mpp for five years. If I ever hit 385, people would start checking the hospitals.

260k since joining with an '01 1100RT so a bit under 34 mpp!

Since I love to tempt fate...1 flat tire in minnesota on the way to alaska on my '03 1150RT. :dopeslap:

16200/42 = 385 miles/post

I could never compete with the august Ol'Geezer

Are you kidding me? I've tried to hit 100 mpp for five years. If I ever hit 385, people would start checking the hospitals.

Then stop creating threads picking on a broken old man... :rofl:

So No I havent been riding, hard to wear a C-collar andn a Helmet....but I have done the clutch on my RT which I had put off way too long. And my little 305 project Yami is movong along nicely. Frame is all sandblasted, unneccesay bracketry is cut off and now painted, forks are rebuilt, wheel hubs are ready to be sand blasted on monday, ordering some engine parts next week to start the enginge rebuild, and already started designing the seat and rear tail section. Hope to get it done within a few months.

Motorcycle project advancements per post is in the 75:1 ratioish. :clap:

Archived