IGNORED

Raising the passenger footpegs on an 1150 RT

ltljohn

Well now that my son is ready to start taking some short rides with me I need to raise the passenger pegs on my 1150 RT. If I wait until his legs are long enough he will be 16 but that's another story. I have a couple of ideas on how I will make a bracket but I wonder if anyone here has done this in the past. What did you do? I have to raise them about 6 inches.

I made some lowering extensions from 3/4" square tubing and flat iron a few years ago so my wife could stretch out a little to relieve stress on her knees. Once I had it all the way I wanted it, I had it powder-coated in silver to match the side panel of the RT. I don't see why you couldn't do just the opposite and make a device that turns up after it exits the bracket of the side panel and is long enough for him to reach the pegs. Better yet, use 3/4" tubing on the bottom with a 1" piece of square tubing that slips over the top with a few strategically drilled holes for pins and you can make a telescoping unit that can be adjusted down as he grows.

5538.thumb.jpg.e4262efd4a3d1ec1401cadbce6b533fe.jpg

RoanokeRider

The Suburban Machinery lowering adapters for the passenger can be mounted upside down to raise the pegs about an inch. I did this for my SO and it is working well.

Crusin,

That is different from what I had in mind but it is a better idea. I was going to use aluminum but I have no way to weld it. I am going to switch to steel and use your idea with a couple of mods.

Thanks for the input.

I'd also look for something like the Buddy Belt.

They stopped production last year but there are some out there for resale.

Also companies in UK and Australia have items on ebay.

Making one is also doable.

I'd also look for something like the Buddy Belt.

They stopped production last year but there are some out there for resale.

Also companies in UK and Australia have items on ebay.

Making one is also doable.

So...what are you saying here Tim?????? :grin:

header_home.jpg

Archived