IGNORED

Trouble with Aerostich zipper (linking pants and jacket)

RRrider44

I just got an Aerostich Transit suit. In everyway, except one, I love it (based on a whole day of experience). My issue is I am really struggling with the zipper that connects the jacket to the trousers. If I am not wearing the suit, and I line the zippers up carefully, they work, no problem. But if I am wearing the jacket and pants, then the zipper gets stuck about an inch or so from the end. I can't zip them together at all. If I take jacket off, I can sometimes, with hassle, zip the pants and jacket together. But then I can't unzip them.

It's totally frustrating as you don't want to wear these things unzipped (they can roll up in a fall). But I can't see messing around for 10 minutes trying to get the zippers attached or undone, especially on a tour, coming in or going away from lunch, in a hot summer day.

Has anyone had a similar experience, or have any tips or suggestions on how to make this work? Is there a technique I could learn? Or can one put something onto the zipper to make it work better? I'm considering returning the suit just because of this issue which would suck, because otherwise, I love the suit.

Thx for any help!

1. With the jacket on--engage the zipper on the right hand side getting it started with your right hand and then hold it in place so it won't slide off.

2. Now reach back with your left hand and grab the far side of slider body with your thumb and index finger. Pull it toward the left as far as you can.

Do not use the slider pull to advance the zipper--it jambs up. Why? I don't know, but the technique I described above works for me everytime.

Enjoy the Transit. It is an excellent bit of kit.

OK, I'll give this a try tomorrow! thanks. yes, jamming is exactly what happens, but you are right, I have been using the slider pull every time. I'll report back tomorrow after my ride.

The slider pull is (at least on some zippers) also a lock. When flipped down (flat) it should lock the zipper. Perhaps by pulling the zipper pull nearly 180 degrees from locked it is messing things up? Pulling on the slider might keep the pull's lock from engaging.

Good tip!

1. With the jacket on--engage the zipper on the right hand side getting it started with your right hand and then hold it in place so it won't slide off.

2. Now reach back with your left hand and grab the far side of slider body with your thumb and index finger. Pull it toward the left as far as you can.

Do not use the slider pull to advance the zipper--it jambs up. Why? I don't know, but the technique I described above works for me everytime.

Enjoy the Transit. It is an excellent bit of kit.

+1.

Works on my Transit.

Awesome! It worked like a charm. Great tip! Was able to put on easily, ride to gym, take off easily, put on easily, ride around Santa Cruz mountains, stop off at alices restaurant for a snack, again, easy on/off, and then back home. Love it. Thanks much. Great day so far.

Archived