IGNORED

You lucky Texas riders.......

beemerboy

"Utah's speed limit reaches 80 mph along certain segments."

And Utah should know if they match us we'll raise it to 90.. :grin:

Having driven through there a couple of times, 80 really is the least of it. I was cruize control 80 and of course I was in every bodys way.

There is literally nothing out there for miles and miles, but with the speed limit at 85, I may have to take a trip to see nothing.. :)

Finally I can put it in 6th gear.

5th for me...

I thought mine was a 4 speed?

Dang, you guys are right.

Just got back from a quick ride.

I do have 2 more gears.....

:rofl:

markgoodrich

This will just be on very specific limited access highways, almost all in west Texas, where the limit is already 80. Entrances and exits and towns are few and far between. It's some of the most boring driving in America...mostly straight, excellent surfaces. I routinely set my cruise at 88 and never get a second glance from State troopers. All this will do is legitimize a majority of drivers, and push the 'ten over' limit up to about 92mph.

roadscholar

On a related note, the Florida legislature just passed what they're calling the 'road rage bill', it will be a ticketable offense to impede the flow of traffic while driving in the left lane EVEN if you're going the speed limit.

And wouldn't you know it, after a half century of tailgating, passing on the right, flashing headlights, and flipping these dweebs off, just when I was getting old enough to get over there and return the favor, lol.

Of course enforcing it is another matter altogether, we shall see.

On a related note, the Florida legislature just passed what they're calling the 'road rage bill', it will be a ticketable offense to impede the flow of traffic while driving in the left lane EVEN if you're going the speed limit.

And wouldn't you know it, after a half century of tailgating, passing on the right, flashing headlights, and flipping these dweebs off, just when I was getting old enough to get over there and return the favor, lol.

I wish we had a law like that here in CO. With tourist season just around the corner we'll soon be getting our usual bunch of Texas and New Mexico drivers who think it's normal to drive in the left lane at or under the speed limit.

I wish we had a law like that here in CO. With tourist season just around the corner we'll soon be getting our usual bunch of Texas and New Mexico drivers who think it's normal to drive in the left lane at or under the speed limit.

Colorado does have that law, it is basically unenforcable.

http://www.csp.state.co.us/downloads/leftlanebrochure.pdf

Colorado does have that law, it is basically unenforcable.

http://www.csp.state.co.us/downloads/leftlanebrochure.pdf

Doh!! I forgot and yes, it's basically unenforceable. Back to the problem; if it's tourist season does that mean we can shoot them?? :P

Archived