IGNORED

time for an intro.... I guess

PhilipJCaputo

PhilipJCaputo

I've been a member for several years. I forget what it was that got me to begin following this forum... Might have been someone's Ride Tale about a cross country adventure to one of the UnRallys.

At the time I didn't have a bike, but most recently had a 94 Suzuki Intruder 800. Prior to that I logged a couple of years in the late 90s (while I was still in my late teens) on an 82 NightHawk 650. In retrospect, I'm thankful I didn't have anything more powerful at the time, because I'm sure it would have been trouble

When I originally joined the forum, I was interested in getting into the sport touring arena, but didn't have the $ for the fairly recently released 1200rt, and didn't like the looks and comparative features of the previous RTs when compared to the 1200, so I went with an ST1300.

In a preemptive strike against possible financial hardships from an employer downsize, I sold the Honda and have been without a bike for nearly 2 years.

As previously discussed in an earlier thread, my wife and I are moving to the LA area.

Although we still don't know where exactly we will end up, it will be in northern LA, somewhere in "the valley".

I'm still planning on buying a used 1200RT (although it might not be for a few months) and plan on joining up with some local groups/riders for some weekend trips!

one final note, my name isn't Philip, that is just a nickname I use online ;-)

one final note, my name isn't Philip, that is just a nickname I use online ;-)

Not Philip, How about

:grin:

Pat

beemerman2k

"Philip", you definitely want a bike if you're moving to CA. Aside from the ultra-vibrant motorcycling community out there (I loved bike night on Wednesday evenings in Calabasas and the Rock Store in the Malibu Canyons on Sunday mornings), there's no other way to get around town without spending hours sitting in bumper to bumper traffice than on a motorcycle.

And the rides you'll take! Get a good camera because you'll need it.

Archived