IGNORED

Russia travel questions

VinnyR11

My wife and daughter will be visiting St. Petersburg and Moscow and are looking for a tour/travel agency that is familiar with the area. They would like help in setting up hotels and tours. Their interest is on history and local culture.

Can anyone give recommendation on agencies or tour groups that focuses on Russia?

Harry_Wilshusen

Intourist is the only travel agency, all hotels and transportation must be paid for ahead of time, American cigs can be bought in Berioska(sp?)shops with hard currency only then sold on the blackmarket for twice as much. Take Levi's and aerosol deodorant to sell on black market.

Well in 1975 when I was there this would be helpful.

Harry

Harry_Wilshusen

Intourist is the only travel agency, all hotels and transportation must be paid for ahead of time, American cigs can be bought in Berioska(sp?)shops with hard currency only then sold on the blackmarket for twice as much. Take Levi's and aerosol deodorant to sell on black market.

Harry

Harry

In 2011, not so much.

Archived