IGNORED

Danger - Don't Follow Too Close

David13

Seems to have been removed there, but I found the video again here .

I still don't know why she was using her phone to capture video as she drove...

Joe Frickin' Friday

While driving my car I (accidentally) did something similar to a woman who was tailgating me several years ago. I ran over a broom, and somehow it got kicked up and bounced off of her fender and hood. She was following so closely she had pretty much zero opportunity to react to what happened.

I find it suspicious. The vehicle seems to stop way too fast after being struck. Something in that vid isn't right.

No way.

Yes way.

Look at an object that the trailer passes then start counting till it disappears from the screen.

Also it appears that the gap is less just before impact.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Yeah, impact at 33 seconds, full stop by 34 seconds. No way.

"full stop by 34?" Even accounting for camera wobble, it looks to me like the trees are still moving by at 37 or 38 seconds. The camera then stops looking at the trees, and goes to the speedo, which - at 40 seconds - is still showing 10 MPH. This isn't an interstate highway with controlled access, it's a local four-lane divided highway with cross traffic (note the sign indicating an upcoming traffic light just before the windshield shatters), so the speed limit is almost certainly not more than 55 MPH. I'll bet their speed is between 50 and 60 MPH, and so 7+ seconds seems like a completely reasonable stop time.

Archived