IGNORED

To GT from RT

Francis

Hi Everyone. I have fionally changed over from the RT side to the GT side of the house. I've been a long time memeber of this board on the RT side of the house and recently traded in my 2002 R1150RT for a 2009 K1300GT. Before BMW's I had been driving Suzuki and Kawasaki 4 cylinder machines.

It's nice to be back on a 4-cylinder, wet clutch machine. I live in New York City and city driving on the dry RT clutch took its toll on the clutch in our heavy stop and go traffic.

I'm also excited to learn more about this machine and to add the appropriate "Farkles". I learned a lot about the RT from other owners at tech Daze where a bunch of us would get togethtr and wrench our bikes.

Does the GT community have Tec Daz in the Northeast? I'm looking forward to meeting you and participating in this forum.

Francis

Firefight911

Congrats!

A little input on some stuff -

LINKY

LINKY

I have almost all this stuff including the case if you need any. My bike is now gone and I have the parts on the shelf. Been too busy to get them up on the classifieds.

The rest of the story.

You're gonna love that GT!! Very intoxicating.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response. The most important immediate question is how is that new addition to your family doing now? Has she fully taken over the household?

I had used your bike as a model for what I have been thinking about for mine. If you still have the Zumo, mount and sat button available please send me PM about them.

Snow has finally lifted here, temperatures are up and I've been able to get 150 miles on him since I bought him. Quite the stallion and a real learning curve switching over from the RT. One thing I have noticed is that the GT is more sensitive to the wind. What has been riders experiences on this bike in avrious wind configurations?

Francis

Firefight911

Francis,

Amelia is doing fantastic! She is over 11 pounds now and doing famously!

PM to follow on the stuff you inquired on as they are available.

As for the wind, yes, initially I felt some under heavy wind conditions but found that once I loosened up and did not hang on to the bars with anything more than the minimum pressure/force necessary the weave/wander/wind effect disappeared.

Really helps to tighten your core and get your weight off the arms. Look up Master Yoda Riding Position and you'll learn some good stuff.

Francis,

Long time...

Congrats on the new ride.

I hope you have many wonderful miles ahead of you.

Can't help much as I still have my original version of the GT ('03) and love it.

Most of my time at Tech Daze since I got the GT are spent checking tire pressure.

;)

Best wishes.

Archived