IGNORED

2000 R100RTP Fairing Removal - Probably revisited

Swordofwords

Swordofwords

the two storz or equiv. just under the seat, both right and left side, just spins. Is this going to be a quater turn or special 'stick your tongue out, apologize to it, show it a degree'

type of technique.

I am blessed to have to take out last years battery and put in another new one, and as we know the fairing has to come off.

As it is on my mind, and we all know what is bound to happen;

where would I be able to acquire a complete set of screws to keep handy?

Does it get quicker and less of a big deal as the continuous removal occurs of the fairing?

Even though there is fresh snow outside, it is soon to be riding weather (was yesterday, dispite the sandblasting winds).

Sword

Casper Wyoming

2000 R1100 RTP

1987 K100LT

1983 R80RT (/7)

1977 75/7 w/Velorex Sidecar

1958 R69

Hi Sword,

If your 2000 is the same as my '04 which I'm almost sure it is then yes those two "screws" are 1/4 turn release connections.

On mine I usually look at the inside point and turn till the flat part is horizontal.

When tightening squeeze the two panels together and push screw in and turn flat to vertical.

the two storz or equiv. just under the seat, both right and left side, just spins. Is this going to be a quater turn or special 'stick your tongue out, apologize to it, show it a degree'

type of technique.

Do you mean the ones I have circled? If so, these are 1/4 turn types. They are normal hex head, but due to being plastic, the normal 3mm hex wears quickly.

However, if you use a 1/8" hex bit, this normally does the job reliably.

Now, if you don't mean this fastener, but the ones at the back of the tank, then they are normal M5 x 16 screws. These screw into 'slide on' on M5 body nuts.

5530.jpg.000ecb04c220c7f03b4d405ac5602f7c.jpg

Archived