IGNORED

K75 sidestand extension???

Beembish

My very soon to be 17 yo son is now the proud owner of '87 K75S with a new paint job. Question: Looking for a permanent sidestand modification or replacement stand. I've read about using a hockey puck while parked but I'm talking permanent. Is there another sidestand that can be found or a modification that can be to lft the bike abouy an inch. I looked into but can no find a Brown's sidestand anymore. Any ideas or thoughts?

I can tell you what DIDN'T work for me......I had the typical "overlean" situation with my K75RT (gone but not forgotten, see avatar) and decided to cut the kickstand shaft in two, insert a machined solid bar into the two parts and weld it to get the extra length...Didn't work as it wouldn't completely retract with the extra length...As I remember it hit the muffler..Poor(and expensive)engineering...So I just lived with the overlean and was careful with slope parking.... :/

I thought of doing the same thing but with a hollow steel shaft but looked it over very carefully and was certain that it wouldn't work. I also was gonna drill 2 holes and customize a hockey puck and scerw it on but once again it will not fit and still have room for the center stand. That's why I'm looking for a stand called a "Brown" stand. Any one remeber these?

Archived