IGNORED

Denver Area Tech Day

Caddis

We really lucked out on the weather - upper 70s and sunny. We had a great time meeting some new folks and seeing everyone.

Gordon (Rooman), Eileen (Mrs. Caddis), and Sandy (Mrs. Rooman) fueling up for the day.

pic_2.JPG

Cathy (Mrs. Greg Poole), Greg (Greg Poole) and Gordon

pic_3.JPG

Randy (beemerboy) and Greg checking out Greg's new GS

pic_1.JPG

Bob (Bob_Sheehan), Robert (LPOL) and Randy getting ready to dive in.

pic_4.JPG

Eileen, Bob, and Lynn (Lynn).

pic_5.JPG

Joel (Joel) arrives.

pic_7.JPG

pic_8.JPG

pic_9.JPG

pic_11.JPG

pic_10.JPG

pic_12.JPG

pic_13.JPG

pic_15.JPG

The whole crew at lunch, except for Lynn, who could only stay for a while in the morning.

Left to right: Eileen, Bob, Randy, Gordon, Robert, Joel, Sandy, Cathy, Greg, and me.

pic_14.JPG

What a difference a day makes around here. It is now 38 degrees and dropping, with a rain/sleet mixture. It's a good thing we did this yesterday!

Hey... that was great. Thanks for the pictures... so it DID happen after all.

What happened to Randy's shocks?

Was that Bob's GS? It sure looks low.

Where is the No-Roll Safety strap on Beemerboys bike?

Sorry we couldn't come.

What happened to Randy's shocks?

The rear shock was installed and works quite well. The front shock install took a detour when the right fastener was applied to the wrong bolt then everything went downhill from there. We broke for lunch - an incredible spread of goodies!!! - then tackled it again but after two trips to the hardware store and the sight of a setting sun we decided to reinstall the original and get me on my way back home. I spoke with Herman at Wheels & Wings and a new nyloc nut is on its way.

Where is the No-Roll Safety strap on Beemerboys bike?
It was installed shortly after that photo was taken!

Sorry we couldn't come.
Me too, I didn't partake in the beer that was available but I'd have been tempted to sip some of your whiskey!

OK, so not only did you hit one out of the park on hospitality and weather, but you've aced the photo journaling as well. Top to bottom, WELL DONE! Thanks again for being such fun and gracious hosts.

Looks like a great time! So good to see this happening in the Front Range area, as I don't recall any there in my time around here (bmwst). Wish we could have made it.

Let's make it official...I hereby nonimate, certify and proclaim by all the powers vested in me (none, currently) that due to the overwhelming success of aforementioned Tech Day that the Caddis family and their residence SHALL...from this day FORTH (or fifth or sixth...depending on the day) the permanent SPONSORS/LOCATION for ALL future Tech Day's scheduled with the boundaries of the STATE OF COLORADO.

By popular acclaim...so it is said...so it is written...so be it.

Hip, hip hooray!

Robert

Kevin/Eileen (read as, you done good). :clap:

Let's make it official...I hereby nonimate, certify and proclaim by all the powers vested in me (none, currently) that due to the overwhelming success of aforementioned Tech Day that the Caddis family and their residence SHALL...from this day FORTH (or fifth or sixth...depending on the day) the permanent SPONSORS/LOCATION for ALL future Tech Day's scheduled with the boundaries of the STATE OF COLORADO.

By popular acclaim...so it is said...so it is written...so be it.

Hip, hip hooray!

Robert

Kevin/Eileen (read as, you done good). :clap:

Seconded!

Mrs. Caddis

I'm glad you enjoyed the day, but remember we don't want to deny others of the joys of hosting you for a tech day. We do want more social days in the future around here...

and Robert, remember to aim those puns at Kevin. He has appreciation for a good pun... :rofl:, really!

I have a 3/4" DEEP socket (Craftsman brand) which somehow has appeared in my tool bag after removing the spark plugs while adjusting the valves on my GS.

Not mine. Let me know if it's yours. I'll see that it gets back to you. (I've checked with Mr. Wilbers, Randy, and he says "Nope...not his". :dopeslap:

Thanks.

Robert

Missouri Bob

No, I don't think it's mine. I seem to remember bringing two spark plug sockets, and I have both of them.

Bob

I never opened my tool kit. Not sure that Gordon & Sandy brought any, so that might leave only Greg Poole. I think he had a Craftsman set with him.

Missouri Bob

Before I attend the next tech day, I intend to hit all of my tools with a dab of some distinctive paint. Pink?

I hate coming home with the wrong syringe.

Bob

Hmmm... I don't think it is my socket either. I have some but am almost positive that I didn't put it in my tool bag for the tech day.

Of course if no one wants to claim ownership, I could be a care taker of it... :)

I will go out in the garage and check just to make sure all my sockets are accounted for.

Mrs. Caddis

I put a dab of nail polish on my scala unit to tell it apart from Kevin's. Works great on many items, house keys etc. to help tell them apart.

I have a 3/4" DEEP socket (Craftsman brand) which somehow has appeared in my tool bag after removing the spark plugs while adjusting the valves on my GS.

Not mine. Let me know if it's yours. I'll see that it gets back to you. (I've checked with Mr. Wilbers, Randy, and he says "Nope...not his".

Thanks.

Robert

Bringing a 3/4 deep socket to a tech day is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. :P

Eileen... thanks for all the news about the Tech Daze... wish we could have come over.

Did you ever get your foot peg rail fixed/replaced?

• 1 month later...

Hmmm.. None planned by us at this time. Are you volunteering to host one? :lurk:

If there is enough interest, we might consider having another one. Is there anything in particular that you are looking to do to your bike?

Anyone else interested?

Jerry in Monument

Nothing in particular, just want to get familiar with the beast.

Had all the tupperware off last night. Removed most of the mystery com system, now the radio doesn't work. Not that I have much use for it, but would just like to have it working for OEM sake.

Now I have a hole in the dash. The com unit had hat I assume was an on-off-volume knob.

Also installed the power cord from the Powerlet PTB-004 so I can electrify my tank bag. Ran it under the left side of the gas tank.

Oh well, I'll be going the Sena SMH10 route later this month.

Not ready to host a Tech Day yet. Need to get out and meet some folk.

Thinking of joining one of the BMW clubs around. Any suggestions?

Archived