IGNORED

Crank Shaft Nut Size Please....

Redbrick

Going to change alternator belt and want to make sure I have the right socket for said nut before I start (24mm?)...Can't find it in Haynes, though it's probably there.... :D

Thanks....

Going to change alternator belt and want to make sure I have the right socket for said nut before I start (24mm?)...Can't find it in Haynes, though it's probably there.... :D

Thanks....

'05, 12RT...........

CoarsegoldKid

34mm Phil. I suggest a deep socket. Axle nuts of some autos have this size. Sockets are available from your local AutoZone or equal.

But if I were you I wouldn't use it to turn the engine. Have a strong helper turn the rear wheel, main spark plugs removed, while in 6th gear as you push the belt on with the heel of your hand. Ride up here and I'll show you.

Also do you have Ohlins up front? If you do you may as I did need a bit more time than you think to do this job.

No Ohlins yet Joe, but wish I did have them....Thanks for the advise and invitation, we'll use the rear wheel technique as we do with valve adjustment........ Norman (OldMoto) is going to be in attendance so Kathy and I will have some help and kibitzing available.... :D

Archived