IGNORED

2007 R1200RT 29K Miles

Kid

I am sorry if I have placed this in the wrong place , but here it is anyway.

There is one for sale for $8K in my area , I guess very good condition .

I am wanting to know if $8K is a decent price or a very good price for this bike ???????

The add read like below.........................

First year with NO power BRAKES (Best by far, one of the reasons I bought this Model and Year) 4 Valve heads, you can the valves yourself.

Heated Custom seats by Sergent, both front & rear. Much better than Stock (comes with stock seats also).

Large BMW top case (keyed to bike). BMW top, Large & adjustable. Rock guard for headlights. Big foot for side stand.

REMUS exhaust system, more power & better sound (NOT LOUD), stock system included.

Electronic module to alter fuel system (adjustable), works great from Sea Level to Mountains (about 7000 feet). We were getting 49 to 54 MPG

2 up at ~67-68 mph on HWY.

Two helmet holders, locking, but NOT keyed to bike. Plus many other extras that are standard on this high end model, but NO RADIO.

Just brroke-in At ~29000 miles, using Sync oil and needs NO oil added between changes. All services don by BMW dealer.

First post...hey welcome aboard. Your intro paragraph and ad syntax sounds as from same source. A little on the April foolish side, but I could be wrong. Offer them $3,000.00 and see if they bite. Good luck. And don't forget to fill out that profile.

I always think of it this way: someone is paying you about 9000 dollars to keep your new bike four years and put 29k miles on it before you get to ride it. And they probably added some accessories that you don't want.

So, what does Kelly Blue Book say it's worth?

-----

Kelly BB doesn't ask for miles , so how can I believe them saying it's worth $12K ??

I dunno, when new, the bike cost about $20K. IMHO, the price is too low, prolly something wrong with it. Have you seen it? Ridden it? Perhaps it is pretty beat up despite the low miles.

You say it is supposed to be in your area. Be a fantastic deal if it pans out. I'd have some concern if it were too far to visit, but no qualms if I went out to see it and the Title. If it all looks and rides well go for it.

Kelly BB doesn't ask for miles , so how can I believe them saying it's worth $12K ??

I dunno, when new, the bike cost about $20K. IMHO, the price is too low, prolly something wrong with it. Have you seen it? Ridden it? Perhaps it is pretty beat up despite

the low miles.

Low miles and 4 years old ? That's high miles for a 2007, yes?

Low miles would be 10K or less

Paul Mihalka

Kid, you must be new to BMW. With most BMW riders 7 to 8K miles a year is very low mileage. The bike is not yet fully broken in. They get fully settled at about 50K and then stay like that for a very looooong time.

No ,not new to BMW , I have had several , just never consider buying a bike with more than 15K miles , last 2 were Honda Valks with 6K miles when purchased .

Anyway , NADA says

$7,970 to $10,490

So , he has it priced right , nothing special here .

Now , how 'bout lowering the seat , I am 5'9" , 28"inseam .

How do you do this?

There is also a Suuzuki Burgman 650 in area for $3500 , much better for around town , please don't laugh .

Never liked my 1999 R100RT much , but I did test rife a R120RT at a dealer and loved it , been waiting a few years for a cheap used one to show up , now I am 55 , not sure I care any more .

I will see it this morning for a test drive .

Kid

I dunno, when new, the bike cost about $20K. IMHO, the price is too low, prolly something wrong with it. Have you seen it? Ridden it? Perhaps it is pretty beat up despite

the low miles.

Low miles and 4 years old ? That's high miles for a 2007, yes?

Low miles would be 10K or less

Well, my 2007 R1200RT has 115K miles on it, so I wouldn't consider the one you're looking at to be really high mileage.

Always remember there are lot's of scams out there, especially on CL. $8k for an '07 seems too low especially based on glowing seller description. Straw seller may be describing someone else's bike. He accepts a $500 deposit from 50 other interested buyers and earns $25,000.

Here's a better deal in Manhattan. An '07 with 4000 miles for $2800.

http://manhattan.backpage.com/BoatsForSale/2800-2007-bmw-r-series-r1200rt/20538881

Sold , I am too late .

The bike appeared on CL last night , sold today .

In stead of going over to see the bile ,,I piddled around this morning and he sold it early afternoon .

Guess I will be riding a Burgman 650

God, did I get mad at my self

Well, Burgman are nice, but I don't think you'll be putting 8 to 12k a year on it like you would the RT. Try to just keep looking. I know it's hard to do when Spring fever hits and you've got the hots for a new toy.

----

Paul Mihalka

I'm sorry you missed it. If you think it is a very good deal, so do others. You snooze, you loose.

Archived