IGNORED

West Country rendezvous.....

philbytx

Deb and I had to visit the UK to sort out some ageing relative issues and, after 10 days, needed some R&R. We arranged to stay in the wilds of Somerset at the Rose and Crown Inn, Stoke St. Gregory.

AndyS on the board lives in Somerset so I PM'd him to see if he lived nearby and would be able to meet up with us for a 'pint' or dinner. He and his lovely wife Netty kindly arranged to pick us up at the R&C and take us on a "Magical Mystery Tour" of the single lane roads around the area where we ended up a great country pub,the Lime Kiln Inn at Knole.

LimeKilnInn.jpg

The pub had some excellent draught ales on tap :clap: and the food was also very good. We had a tasty Steak and Kidney Pie followed by an excellent Spotted Dick with Custard! Mmmmmm!

FourofusattheLimeKiln.jpg

It is always good to meet up with a fellow board member and Andy is as nice a guy in person as he is on the board.

PhilandAndy1.jpg

I was also very impressed by his navigational skills getting us back to the Rose and Crown, in the pitch dark, around some very tricky single track country roads :thumbsup:.

Thank you Andy and Netty :wave:

Nah! I had a Kia Cee'd Station Wagon and Andy had his Honda.

Great car the Kia...1.6L Turbodiesel engine and 6 speed manual. We drove over 1100 miles and averaged 58.3 MPG!

Pisses me off that we can't get the great small diesel engines they have in Europe. I blame that on CA and the Majors.... ;)

Well, as you didn't ride bikes, I have to move the post to 'RDOT'.

Looks like a nice pub - I shall have to pay it a visit next time work takes me to Westland Helicopters in Yeovil.

Andy

Archived