IGNORED

F800R now in garage

LuckyLeif

Well it's Paul M's fault for having me demo the F650GS and then Drew's indulging me to demo the other 798 twins.

You know which bike "fits" and this little F800R was just a sweet riding machine. Reminded me a little of the compact bikes I started out with in the 60s, but with real power and very nimble handling. I have only had it for a week and not much time to ride, but it has been a blast for the few hundred miles I've accumulated.

Some of you may have seen the bike and even sat on it at Battley's booth at the DC Progressive bike show in January.

5576643153_eb62f0fcf7_b.jpg

So, whats the first thing you do when you get a new bike in the garage? Yeah, start popping of the seat & body panels to see how to route wiring for lighting, GPS, etc.)

5577233076_33edede646_b.jpg

I'm debating whether to use this bike vs the Tiger at Total Control this Sunday. Scott

Awesome!

I love those bikes, I rode an F800ST prior to buying my RT, and I'd have taken it, were it not for the cramped seat and pegs, and waaaay leaned over bar position. I bet the F800R would be much more comfy!

Hey, take it easy with the
would ya! ;)

Pat

I'm sure Paul took care of that prior to turning over the keys. :)

Cool! Qucik question. What size is the rear tire?

180 / 55 ZR 17 rear on 5.5" wheel

120 /70 ZR 17 front on 3.5" wheel

I was pleased to find that they had mounted the new Metzler M5 Sportec tires -- new tread pattern and the somewhat gimmicky lean angle index marks.

5576645851_c36fe62100_z.jpg

180 / 55 ZR 17 rear on 5.5" wheel

120 /70 ZR 17 front on 3.5" wheel

Thanks. One of the cycle mags quoted a strange-sized rear tire. I'm glad to see that's not the case.

Archived