IGNORED

2011 Color Confusion

na1g

OK, so I'm looking at a new R1200RT. The dealer seems loaded with Ostra Grey Metallic Matt models. A) I don't like the color and B) I don't like the matt finish. Judging from his inventory, other folks don't care for it either - or maybe BMW is making lots of them 'cause they sell so well?

My question, and the fellow I was talking too wasn't real well informed, relates to the "Thunder Grey Metallic Matt" color shown on BMW's website. Is it really a matt finish? The "Polar Mist" seems to be glossy; the Thunder Grey with silver stipes seems to be glossy. Is the 2011 dark grey really matt? Or is it glossy?

If you own a matt colored bike, is that finish easy to take care of?

Pulling the trigger pete

I have a 2011 in Thunder Grey that is shinny! PM me an with a email address and I'll email you a couple of pictures, since I can not post directly to this board with out using Picassa or something else, I just don't fool with it most of the time.

Steve

I have a 2011 in Thunder Grey that is shinny!

Steve

Hey Steve, ;) you know the rules round here! New bike purchase requires a pic! :grin::wave:

Pat

Even though BMW doesn't list the Thunder Grey Metallic on their website for 2011, there are lots of them around. I've never seen a Matte Thunder Grey one in person.

the matt (BMW leaves off the e for some reason)

The reason is matt is the correct spelling in English ;)

Andy

"matte" is the correct spelling according to websters merriman ENGLISH dictionary....do you speak ENGLISH in the UK?

Im just saying...;)

I have a 2011 in Thunder Grey that is shinny!

Steve

Hey Steve, ;) you know the rules round here! New bike purchase requires a pic! :grin::wave:

Pat

It's in my avitar!

But I'll try to do better tomorrow, I'm traveling and not on the right computer.

Steve

Some guys have all the luck, Steve.

Well Mark, as I'm sure you know, you make your own luck! Looking forward to seeing you this summer at the Rally's! I'm going to the MOA and the UN-Rally for sure and maybe the RA.

Steve

Thanks Steve. That's what I'm talkin' about! The BMW-US website continues to call it "Thunder Metallic Matt" but yours sure isn't matt, or even matte.

pete

Some guys have all the luck, Steve.

...I'm going to the MOA and the UN-Rally for sure and maybe the RA.

Steve

I'll be at the MOA Rally (staying at one of those apartments on campus with a friend from Ottawa) and also at the UnRally (my wife will be with me, along with that same friend and his wife). Must be an opportunity for a beer in there somewhere.

Archived