IGNORED

Mirror Mounting Thread Size?

Steve Kolenda

Steve Kolenda

I am looking to put a Ram mount on my 2011 R1200RT and was planning on replacing the clamp bracket on the clutch lever side with one from a GS. The GS one has a threaded hole meant to be used for a mirror. I have called my dealer and been told that the thread on the GS clamp is M10 x 1.5. The ram ball mount comes with a M10 x 1.25. I am looking for someone to confirm the GS thread. I believe the dealer has probably made a mistake.

Or it could be that the RAM mount is the mistake...;-)...?

Sounds like the only sure way to see that you don't have something weird is to find the appropriate bolts and try them in the exact location that you need to confirm.

Steve Kolenda

No mistake on the Ram mount, the thread is M10 x 1.25 which they claim fits most metric mirror mounts. The BMW thread could very well be M10 X 1.5. Ram is coming out with a ball which has a M10 x 1.5 thread at the end of April. I don't have the BMW clamp so I am unable to verify what the thread is. Just trying to avoid buying items that don't fit together.

Steve Kolenda

Just to follow up in case anyone else has an interest in this. The BMW thread is in fact a 10mm x 1.5 and at this time Ram does not make a ball with that thread, only the 10mm x 1.25 but they tell me that there will be one available by the end of April.

Archived