IGNORED

Steve's New Ride

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser

Well, I've been strategic, sort of, in waiting for my new R1200 GSA...when I bought my R12RT, I gave myself five years to ride and save for the new GSA. Now, the wait is over...

After riding an 02 GSA for about a year and saving my shekels, the new baby is finally here!

1231013206_B2cEx-M.jpg

1231013461_ZYZuB-M.jpg

1231013513_S4wYo-M.jpg

1231014558_q454U-M.jpg

1231015430_HxZ8r-M.jpg

Cheers,

Steve

Great-looking bike. Hope Dave Brown gave you a deal!

Put your first 600 miles on it and get the service done. Then put your bride on the back and ride up here and visit us this summer. You two have a place up in Sequim, don't you?

Very nice looking rig Steve! Ready for Baja? I seem to remeber hearing of some tentative plans for a ride along the Sea of Cortez.

Hmmnnnnn . . . it's been weeks since my last ride there. Maybe it's time to go back. Need a guide?

Very nice looking rig Steve! Ready for Baja? I seem to remeber hearing of some tentative plans for a ride along the Sea of Cortez.

Hmmnnnnn . . . it's been weeks since my last ride there. Maybe it's time to go back. Need a guide?

I'm in for baja! Steve, it's a beaut!

Great bike Steve. SWMcKinley's is identical to yours and I had a chance to ride it at very high speeds last year on the way to Torrey.

That is the best motor and gearbox combo of the boxer family and it is very quiet behind the windshield.

This past weekend Steve did his first valve adjustment. The camheads are very easy to work on and in Steve's case, he didn't need an adjustment at all. All four valves were in spec at the 12K service. Great bike! Enjoy!

Dave_zoom_zoom

Great looking bike!

If you ever figure out how to keep those headers that good looking without extensive rubbing, please let me know!!!

Dave

AdventurePoser
Great-looking bike. Hope Dave Brown gave you a deal!

Put your first 600 miles on it and get the service done. Then put your bride on the back and ride up here and visit us this summer. You two have a place up in Sequim, don't you?

I did 500 miles on Sunday... :rofl: I am sure we'll be in the PNW this summer, but I don't know how long we'll have the place in Sequim. We love it, but it may not be financially in our best interest to keep it, since the plan to move up there is put on hold...Unfortunately, the housing market here in So Cal continues to fall-hard to sell and make any money to buy/build up north. :dopeslap:

Cheers,

Steve

Steve, nice new scoot.

You and I have, at times, owned very similar bikes over the course of the ten years of so that I’ve known you. However, we appear to be on diverging paths at the moment. I just sold my RT to put a bit more sport back in my sport touring. I got another of these. I had one when they first came out.

1206283935_pP98j-M.jpg

AdventurePoser
Nice score! I think you are going to love it.

Hi Eric,

I've ridden it 700 miles since Sunday, and so far I love it. The GSA, for me, is the closest thing to the perfect 'do everything' motorcycle I've always wanted.

Now, I just need to save more dinero for an aftermarket saddle. My poor butt is complaining...

Steve

Archived