IGNORED

Gettin' the Itch

OlGeezer

The weather is getting warmer and the bike is in (pretty good) shape. I've got gas money in my pocket.

Hmmmm...what should I do about that?

It does sound like a good time, but it sounds more like a social event than a "get your fix" type of ride. Don't get me wrong, the back way routes to your place are LEGEND. The other problem I have is that my club has a campout that weekend at El Capitan.

CoarsegoldKid

If 250 miles of curves on Friday(Mr. Duck has that covered) and again on Saturday isn't enough for you and then hanging with the (un)usual suspects and characters doesn't cut it then I guess your club campout social is just the ticket.

It does sound like a good time, but it sounds more like a social event than a "get your fix" type of ride.

Nope. It is both, and you will be getting "your fix" and then some. The best description I can come up with is it's a 2 day "E ticket ride".

My first one was in the Atlantic, and then I hit Challis National Forest in Idaho. Quite a hike from Maryland, but I'll keep it in mind.

Joe Frickin' Friday
First 2 throws were in the ocean, then I hit Yemen.

Enjoy your trip. Bring body armor.

If 250 miles of curves on Friday(Mr. Duck has that covered) and again on Saturday isn't enough for you and then hanging with the (un)usual suspects and characters doesn't cut it then I guess your club campout social is just the ticket.

Don't get me wrong, my club's campout won't scratch the "itch" either, but I'm kinda obligated to attend for some parlimentary reason. Please don't construe my comments as indicating a preference of one event over the other. I have the "north meets south" event on my "list". I always enjoy telling my NorCal friends how much I appreciate their water!

:rofl:

And no, 250 twisty miles in a day isn't enough. That's only, what, four or five hours, right?

And no, 250 twisty miles in a day isn't enough. That's only, what, four or five hours, right?

Ummmm, 250 miles in 4 hrs works out to over 60 mph. On these roads, think more like 20-50 mph, with the occasional straight away.

Ummmm, 250 miles in 4 hrs works out to over 60 mph. On these roads, think more like 20-50 mph, with the occasional straight away.

62.5, right?

O.K. 6 hr? 8 hr?

Still not enough.

Wait a minute. 20 mph! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

:rofl:

CoarsegoldKid

Actually 250 miles of what we do will take nearly 8 hours. If you have any energy left you still have daylight. This isn't like riding a boring I-5 for 250 miles. So some other time then. I do understand the club responsibilities.

Like Michael said "Four Corners".

Actually 250 miles of what we do will take nearly 8 hours. If you have any energy left you still have daylight. This isn't like riding a boring I-5 for 250 miles. So some other time then. I do understand the club responsibilities.

Like Michael said "Four Corners".

Yeah, I don't like to do the Interstate either except at night. For my Chocolate Run, I had one tank before sunrise and one tank after sunset. My preference is something in between; not a lot of work, not a lot of boredom.

Archived