IGNORED

Arkansas ride recc please

rdfarr

I live in AL and want to ride the scenic byways of Arkansas including incursions into adjoining states. Never been there before. Any recommended routes for up to a 7 day tour? Any brewpubs along the way?

Thanks,

RFarrior

Dadeville, AL

R1150RT

Get a map and look for Mena. Great roads in all directions to/from there. No info on brewpubs but Google is your friend. Or use Pubcrawler...

enjoy.

ElevenFifty

Do you use a Garmin GPS? If so I can send you a great set of routes. I spent 5 days riding the Ozarks last year.

Rode hard from ATL through Mena to Talahina OK where I met a riding buddy from CO. There is one motel in Talahina, but it is okay.

Day 1 - Talimena drive and on to Eureka Springs, then north on Hwy 7 over Mt Magazine and into Ozark AR for the night

Day 2 - North on 23 to Eureka Springs for lunch and looking ... sweet little town. Then east on 86 and AR14 toward Mountain View

Mountain VIEW is a little town that is a delightful place to stay as a center point for exploring Arkansas. In the evenings, the town square fills up with local musicians playing 'down home' music all around town. The town is DRY so if evening drinks are part of your routine, bring it with you. Stay at Pinewood Cabins. They have single rooms and 2 bedroom cottages - absolutely GREAT accommodations and you can walk to the music in the square.

Day 3-4-5 were spent riding the Arkansas Dragon, Rattlesnake, Push Mountain ... All in all, great roads and great scenery.

bushmanstan

Highway 7 from Hot Springs to Ola is not to be missed. Then take highway 10 west to 309 north over Mt. Magazine and down the back side through Paris then to Ozark. From Ozark (Rivertown BarBQue) go north on 23 to Brashears.23 from Ozark to Brashears is not to be missed.

From Brashears you can head west on 16 into Fayetteville. We have a couple of brew pubs: Hog Haus and West Mountain. Or you could stay on 23 north to Eureka Springs.I believe Eureka has some local brew. Or you can head east on 16 for miles and miles of twisty roads, remote and rugged terrain. Check out "Pedestal Rocks" between Ben Hur and Pelsor. Anything Between Fayetteville and Batesville north up into Missouri and south of 16 to I 40 is good. You could home base out of Jasper (on Highway 7) for a couple of days. Beware though; much of this area is "dry".

As a previous post stated the Mena area is prime too. You could home base there for a couple of days and ride the Quachita mountains in Oklahoma and Arkansas

Archived