IGNORED

It's Rubber Chicken time again!!!

OoPEZoO

Do I have to volunteer to lead a ride so you guys actually have something to bitch about?

No, just showing up without incident would be a nice change. :grin:

Guess I deserve that one. I'll see what I can do.

Great! first round is on me. :thumbsup:

Do I have to volunteer to lead a ride so you guys actually have something to bitch about?
You'll notice, I didn't go with you on your route scouting segments for RCRI, when you did all those water crossings. I'm not into water crossing at all.

:rofl:

Neither am I, but I figured it was a lot easier than going back through the crap I already went through :rofl:

Now that cracked me up! :rofl: But only because you're probably right.

OK, we've been promising this for sometime now and we're finially finished with the RCR3 Event & Route Information handout.

Click here to download PDF.

We're not saying it's 100% error free, but it's good enough for for our gathering later this week.

NOTE: We tried not to violate any copyright laws but that said, we're not lawyers. So to be on the safe side, please don't go distributing this document. It's sole intended purpose is to provide information for the Rubber Chicken Rendezvous.

This document contains the following information about:

* Snowshoe Resort and surrounding area

* General Route Data

* Route importing and recalculation

* Points of Interest

* Each Route

It may not be necessary to print out the whole 26 pages. You decide what you need. However, regardless of how many pages you print out, I recommend print in duplex (2 sided), if you're able. Also, start with an odd page number. Doing so puts all maps on the reverse of the written directions. If the route pages are folded down the middle between the column, it should fit nicely in most map cases.

Enjoy!

BTW.......looks like WE are in. Due to a scheduling changes at work it looks like Danielle and I will both be making an appearence. Still have to call for reservations today and sort out the logistics, but it looks like we will be rolling in sometime late Friday night.

Nothing like trial by fire with a new bike :grin:

Late Friday night is certainly better than nothing! And isn't Trail by Fire your middle name?

Considering the ~250 miles I have on it so far, the only real fire is going to be in my backside courtesy of the stock seat.

I REALLY hope Danielle's seat works better for her than the front seat is for me. Now that she has an intercom that works well, I will actually be forced to hear about it if it doesn't :rofl:

Glad to see you are making it Alan. Will be good to see you.

Late Friday night is certainly better than nothing! And isn't Trail by Fire your middle name?

Considering the ~250 miles I have on it so far, the only real fire is going to be in my backside courtesy of the stock seat.

I REALLY hope Danielle's seat works better for her than the front seat is for me. Now that she has an intercom that works well, I will actually be forced to hear about it if it doesn't :rofl:

Glad to see you are making it Alan. Will be good to see you.

I have an Alaska Leather butt pad I'm not using. Should I

bring it?

Keith you have the adventure seat which is a 100 times better than the stock GS seat! Russell Day long solved the problem, your welcome to try it.

Alan

Damn I love southern hospitality. Just got off the phone with Betty. We are IN at the INN for Friday and Saturday nights. Keep a pair of stools at the bar warm for us. :thumbsup:

Just made my reservation today. Arriving somewhere around noon on Friday. Wife to show up in her Mini somewhere along the line.

I look forward to meeting new folks!

Gene -

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to meeting you and the gang. We're going to have a nice group from Ohio this year.

Jim

If I'm understanding folks correctly, I'm counting right around 25 attendees. Wow! That's way more than I figured we'd get this year.

And we have lots of new folks to meet. Excellent!

I'm finishing up packing and will be finished in time to relax a while and get to bed at a decent hour. If we get in early, we might go hit the lifts for a ride.

Gene -

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to meeting you and the gang. We're going to have a nice group from Ohio this year.

Jim

Jim,

Thanks. I didn't realize my bud Dazzz had posted, so I'm one of the friends he was talking about. I'm just not sure which bike I will ride. I'd love to ride the Tiger, but the seat is lacking and my R Mayer hasn't arrived. I'm putting new rubber on the RT tomorrow and it will probably be the one. It's my old faithful.

My plan is to get up early and get on the road by 7in the morning. I just found out recently that the AMs actually start before 9 o'clock. There's a chance I can avoid the rain; if not I'll bring along some soap and throw it at the bike while riding and let it wash itself. Looking forward to some cooler weather.

-----

Gene -

Whichever bike you bring, you'll have fun. We have routes planned that are perfect for either bike. I will say the new Michelin Pilot Road 3's I put on my RT just before the scouting trip we did in WV were great! I removed all the chicken strips in a single weekend down there.

Grab something and come on down!

Jim

Heading out the door in just a couple minutes (after adding extra layers - its 65, cloudy, and windy here!).

See everyone around 5pm at the Inn.

Jim

Heading out in a few - I hope I can dodge the mini storms that we've been blessed by. Can't wait to hit the WVa mountains for some clean fresh air.

Joe B

04 R1150RT

should be on the road in less than an hour. Ride safe everyone......see ya when we get there.

Try to not get arrested this weekend. I talked to Matt this evening & he swears the GS is NOT a hooligan bike.

Whatever. :Cool:

Wish I were joining you... But woke up to dark stormy skies, so not sorry to be on my couch for the moment :-)

should be on the road in less than an hour. Ride safe everyone......see ya when we get there.

Try to not get arrested this weekend. I talked to Matt this evening & he swears the GS is NOT a hooligan bike.

Whatever. :Cool:

+1.

Paul Mihalka

"I talked to Matt this evening & he swears the GS is NOT a hooligan bike"

Let's wait on Keith's opinion on that! :grin:

Y'all have a fun time!

"I talked to Matt this evening & he swears the GS is NOT a hooligan bike"

Let's wait on Keith's opinion on that! :grin:

Y'all have a fun time!

Could be......I was forced to triple pass a group of Harleys on the way home. Wasn't interested in plodding along at 5-10 under the posted limit. I received the #1 salute from the lead rider. So I backed way off the throttle and let my uber obnoxious loud exhaust fart in his face for awhile before I smoked them into a set of twisties.

Its less of a hooligan bike when it has full luggage and a wife on the back, but I certainly think its a keeper. I have some things I need to address on it (seat, suspension, pegs, loud exhaust), but overall I think its going to be a great fit for me once I get it all dialed in.

Glad to hear you are happy, Chicken......always look fwd to reading your posts here. I was afraid we had lost you when the RT went south.

I might steal some of your RCR routes when I'm in the area this fall.

Ron C.

Made it home safe. The worst rain was heading down the mountain to Cass, after that most of the ride was dry. I had a great time and it was nice to meet all the RCR group. I will be checking the boards for future events. So sorry for Steve's unfortunate accident, and glad he is ok. Hope to see you all again.

Thanks for setting up a fun event. Was nice to meet those we hadn't met previously (at BRR for example).

Becky and I had a good ride back on Sun- no rain after coming off 66 going east- and we spent Sun night with friends in Hillsborough, NC so it was a less than 300 mile day. Made it back to the Wilmington/Bolivia, NC area on Mon just in time for a record setting heat wave. Sure liked the WV cool air better!

I'l see some of you at the UN (there will be a fair sized Wilmington contingent) but Becky will be in Yellowstone with family.

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to make this, but work got in the way. Is there any chance someone can send me the routes? The links don't appear to be working. Thanks very much!

Jim

Archived