IGNORED

Stunning Tsunami Video

John Ranalletta

Even at this late date, these videos amaze. I was surprised that at the 4-minute mark, the water appeared to be still rising. At about 2 minutes, watching what appeared to be a covered pedestrian bridge, I thought to myself, "That sucker's going to blow."

beemerman2k

I am impressed that the cameraman had the presence of mind to videotape this event. I would have been too worried about the piece of land or building that I am standing on getting washed away as well. Normally I appreciate stills more than video, but in this case only video can really tell the story.

John Ranalletta
I am impressed that the cameraman had the presence of mind to videotape this event.
I agree, but OTOH, where would one run?

The volume of water is inconceivable and to think the same phenomenon was occurring along miles of coast line.

When the dockside building left its foundation, were there people on the roof or just an optical illusion?

When the dockside building left its foundation, were there people on the roof or just an optical illusion?

I think (hope?) they are equipment stacks. Looks like exhaust fan stacks.

beemerman2k
I am impressed that the cameraman had the presence of mind to videotape this event.
I agree, but OTOH, where would one run?

Oh no, you cannot run, but you can cry, panic, and then shout, "we're all going to die!" At that point, ala the movie, "Airplane", a line will form of people slapping you and telling you to get a hold of yourself :rofl:

Archived