IGNORED

tomtom plug

osprey1

Hi I'm new to both the RT and the forum having arrived from a Triumph Tiger and more recently a Honda Blackbird (hated it, just about the most uncomfortable thing i have ever thrown my leg over!) Anyway, my question is, where do get a plug for my Tomtom rider to fit the auxillary socket on the RT? Probably a simple answer but we're not born with knowledge and if you dont ask you dont find out. Cheers

Danny caddyshack Noonan

My rider came with bare wires. You can put a powerlet plug onto those wires and run it. However, make sure you have the polarity correct or, it fries the mount. I think most mounting schemes will require you lenghten the wires.

What Peter says. You will have to make up the cable by installing the outlet plug on to the bare wires. However, I would hard wire the Tom Tom cable directly to a power source (via a fuse) in the bike. Eliminates a cable hanging all over the place. Just MHO.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

However, I would hard wire the Tom Tom cable directly to a power source (via a fuse) in the bike. Eliminates a cable hanging all over the place. Just MHO.

BTW, that's what I did too. SAE plug.

Archived