IGNORED

Oh for a motorcycle in New Zealand

Lineareagle

Lineareagle

Just a quick nod to my rider friends.

I have driven two passes, one in North Island and one in South Island.

Oh the constant curves for hours on end!

Unfortunately no pics can do them justice but here is a pic of the Northland area. Much gentler on the mind.

1223200722_seQcB-M.jpg

And another:

1223202446_sw8cz-M.jpg

All roads lead to great adventure.

1223198911_64HJC-M.jpg

And terrific scenery:

1223197780_bXQ95-M.jpg

And this is just the North Island!

1218850662_EoxDC-M.jpg

1218851079_Lg3G4-M.jpg

More to come when and if I can repair my laptop, which unfortunately spent the day banging back and forth in a cupboard in the camper van. Sigh.

Oh for a motorcycle in New Zealand

Come past here on your travels and you could borrow one, and we could go for a ride. If you have riding gear or can fit some of mine. There are plenty of good roads to choose from within a short riding distance from here.

If you like gravel roads there are options such as this one, with great views along the way:

5519.jpg.369ced8f98d54573fbb6707cc5f25299.jpg

Ditto. There are so many great roads there, if you have a chance to ride them, take it. Just be sure to bring your rain gear :).

Lineareagle

Sooo tempting arne but this time it is not to be. We are in the South Island now but I really can't abandon the shiela for as long as it would take.

Next time, I'll bring gear and do it up proper.

love the country.

Oh and all you kiwi's when you read / hear about the Dragon, forget it, your commutes are more exciting than that!

I visited NZ south island for 2 1/2 weeks with my daughter last year. That has to be the best place for riding. Un frick'n believable. The only thing that would spook me is riding on the wrong side of the road and rubber neck'n drivers with the all the pretty scernery.

I visited NZ south island for 2 1/2 weeks with my daughter last year. That has to be the best place for riding. Un frick'n believable. The only thing that would spook me is riding on the wrong right side of the road and rubber neck'n drivers with the all the pretty scernery.

There, fixed it for you :D

Andy

Archived