* Send email

* Find email

* View details

To hannabone@msn.com

Sent: Sat 3/26/11 9:14 AM

To:

Bcc: hannabone@msn.com

Hello,

This message may be coming to you as a surprise but I need your help.Few days back I made an unannounced vacation trip to London,UK. Everything was going fine until last night when I got mugged on my way back to the hotel.They Stole all my cash,credit cards and cellphone but thank God I still have my life and passport.Another shocking thing is that the hotel manager has been unhelpful to me for reasons I don't know. I'm writing you from a local library cybercafe..I reported to the police and after writing down some statements that's the last I heard from them.I contacted the consulate and all I keep hearing is they will get back to me. I need your help ..I need you to help me out with a loan to settle my bills here so I can get back home tomorrow. I'll refund the money as soon as I get back. All I need is $2000.You can send the money via western union money transfer to the details below:

Receiver's Name: Russell Bynum

Address: 85 Leicester Road,London,United Kingdom

Kindly get back to me with the confirmation number of the transfer(MTCN#).Thanks as I await your urgent response.

Russel

See, for that to work, you'd first have to want to have the person back in the country.

I agree with Greg. It would seem that several people over there would gladly pay us $2,000 to take him back.

I called Russell..It's legit..He told me to tell you guys if you weren't comfortable sending to that address you could send it to mine and I'll see to it that he gets it..

Billy Hearnsberger

435 C.R. 3376

Joaquin, Tx. 75954

I agree with Greg. It would seem that several people over there would gladly pay us $2,000 to take him back.

Especially if what he's done over there is so bad that he either didn't first go to Lisa, or even she declined.

I called Russell..It's legit..He told me to tell you guys if you weren't comfortable sending to that address you could send it to mine and I'll see to it that he gets it..

I'll first need a wire transfer in the amount of $5,000 to my Nigerian bank as a showing of good faith.

They are all over. I once egged along some scum from The Netherlands for a few weeks.

He even mailed me a cashier's check drawn from a bank in Tennessee in an envelope postmarked in Amsterdam. Go figure...

I always laugh when I hear of the "IT Guy" getting hacked himself. Hee Hee Hee!!!

Actually, it is very unlikely Russell that got hacked. What is more likely is the recipient of an email sent by Russell was hacked.

From and return addresses are easily spoofed. Take a look at the full message header to see what the actual return address is...

On the other hand, Russell hasn't been posting lately......... :eek:

I always laugh when I hear of the "IT Guy" getting hacked himself. Hee Hee Hee!!!

Actually, it is very unlikely Russell that got hacked. What is more likely is the recipient of an email sent by Russell was hacked.

From and return addresses are easily spoofed. Take a look at the full message header to see what the actual return address is...

I think if someone looked at our user list they would find that Russell is the #2 all time poster, e.g. well known here. They would also see the email address in his profile.

Then it would just be a matter of getting some target email addresses from other board member's profiles. John's is in his.

Most likely the person had to register for the board, and then spend some actual time perusing profiles and translating somewhat coded email addresses, but I don't see where anything like a hack was required. This can all be done with publicly available information.

Got the same email from him twice yesterday. If his email wasn't compromised or his computer not infected, how would they know his friends email addresses to send the scam to? Could also be one of the computers at his work that he simply logged in from.

And my email address isn't shown publicly here.

Joe Frickin' Friday

I'm assuming that by this point someone has actually contacted Russell and told him what's going on?

Got the same email from him twice yesterday.

And my email address isn't shown publicly here.

Ok, game changer. Could be BMWST was hacked. Happened to Utah Sport Bike Assn. here. I let Matt and Les know about the potential threat at the time. This one is a little different, in that the USBA hack sent an email that purported to be from the USBA admin. and it went to the entire (private) membership's email list.

russell_bynum

No kidding. Hideous, hard to type, strong password and all.

russell_bynum

I don't think bmwst had anything to do with it. It appears that the email went to everyone in my contacts list in my google apps account. So, it was the google apps acct that was hacked.

I think if someone looked at our user list they would find that Russell is the #2 all time poster, e.g. well known here. They would also see the email address in his profile.

Then it would just be a matter of getting some target email addresses from other board member's profiles. John's is in his.

Most likely the person had to register for the board, and then spend some actual time perusing profiles and translating somewhat coded email addresses, but I don't see where anything like a hack was required. This can all be done with publicly available information.

Paul Mihalka
I sent him a PM here that hasn't been answered.

Sorry, bro. I don't check in here much these days.

Why not? We miss you!

I sent him a PM here that hasn't been answered.

Sorry, bro. I don't check in here much these days.

Why not? We miss you!

He's busy cashing the checks people are sending. :eek:

Archived