IGNORED

Replacing vents on an Arai?

drzep

Has anyone had to have the top vents replaced on their Arai helmet? I have a Vector but know most Arai helmets have vents on the outer shell that are not 'user' replaceable.

Any suggestions for a place to send it to for this work?

Call Arai. They're somewhere in FL. Your helmet has a warranty. They usually send the replacement parts out free. Either they do it or they have a Customer Service branch up in PA do it. I forget.

I called, and had a choice of having them put the vents on for a charge, or putting them on myself for no charge (parts free with warranty). Went on easy.

I called, and had a choice of having them put the vents on for a charge, or putting them on myself for no charge (parts free with warranty). Went on easy.

Me too, on a Profile II :thumbsup:

I did one of the front vents on my Arai Profile recently. Ordered the vents through Cycle Gear. At least on the Profile the vents were attached by super thin double sided tape. Easy enough to pry off the old one, clean off the tape residue and stick the new one in place.

Thank you everyone for the replies.

I'm going to try ordering the parts first to do it myself, but if that falls through I'll try TSP. Last time I checked online, two places that listed the parts required sending the helmet in and would not sell the parts otherwise. I'll check cycle gear though.

Archived