Jump to content

Changing wall plug on Sony AC adapter


Recommended Posts

A friend is shortly leaving for Slovakia, and we are going to give her a digital photo frame as a souvenir. The one we bought is a Sony. Its AC adapter is rated for 100-240V, 50/60Hz. It has a very cool feature: you push a button and the North American standard 2-prong plug snaps off. Obviously, there are European plugs that would snap in place, but I have no idea where to find one. I am usually pretty good with Google, but not this time.


Any clues?


BTW, the adapter model is AC-P5V1.

Link to comment

I don't have a picture of it handy, but I believe what the OP is talking about is not an adapter that you would plug into, but rather a replacement of the plugs on the ac/dc adapter for the device (frame, in this case). That is to say, the powerbrick for the frame is modular in that you can just pop the prongs that plug into a wall outlet right off...and he is trying to find the prong piece in the appropriate european flavor.


I've noticed this on a number of recent electronic purchases including two external hard drives (one from LaCie even came with three different sets of prongs) and the Sena bluetooth headset/intercom system (though that just came with the north american prongs).


I tried googling for replacement prongs and also had no luck (just found a bunch of universal type adapters and sets of prongs to go with Apple power bricks).

Link to comment

Thanks enfoman, but szurszewski is right. And,szurszewski, thanks for trying.


Seems to me that the whole industry could increase margins by adopting a single standard for this, but of course Sony hates doing that.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...