IGNORED

Yamie/Duc/GS test.

Marty Hill

Firefight911

Yes, interesting.

Amazing how much more expensive the Yamaha is over there.

I question some of the findings in the report but do appreciate it as yet another insight. I have no intent of pointing fingers across the bows of tuning forks and spinning props in the process but I'll let ya ride my S10 when it arrives! My bet is that it will spend more time in my possession than my last three BMWs have. (Oh snap, I went there.) :wave::wave:

Hi Marty! When in June are ya gonna be out?

Is it my computer (Google Cr-48) or is this article completely unreadable?

Re cost, imagine what the American balance of payments would be if our currency was truly valued (i.e., bikes and other things cost what they do in the rest of the world).

Thanks for posting it. Great article.

I haven't ridden either one of the two non BMWs. Saw both of them at the Toronto bike show. So, I can't comment on the findings on those two bikes. But agree 100% with the Beemer results. I had not considered a GS until I came across one with lowered suspension, (I am short) I added a Russell and I am back to original height. Love riding it, mostly on-road. Amazingly nimble for it's size. I think if I wanted a Duc I'll buy a Monster or that type of genre. That's what the Multistrada is, a road bike on stilts and on steroids.

Selden,

the article itself is small, if you click on the picture article, it should open a PDF reader ( acrobat reader?) then resize it to 100% or larger to read it.

I used mozilla-firefox browser.

Selden,

the article itself is small, if you click on the picture article, it should open a PDF reader ( acrobat reader?) then resize it to 100% or larger to read it.

That helps with the size of the font, but it doesn't do much for the lack or writing ability. That article read like it was written by a Jr High drop out. I tried several times to get though it, but had to give up. Had to settle with reading the snippets and looking at the pictures.

I'm curious as to why they took the GSA instead of the regular GS which seems more fitting to me.

I was still glad to see that my 6 year old GS is in good company though :dopeslap:

That article read like it was written by a Jr High drop out. I tried several times to get though it, but had to give up. Had to settle with reading the snippets and looking at the pictures.

Yep- couldn't agree more. It makes you appreciate MCN and other writers after wading through that stuff :P

That's what the Multistrada is, a road bike on stilts and on steroids.
When I saw the Multi included I was curious why they didn't include the Triumph Tiger. Same look and, I assume, - foolishly perhaps - similar capabilities.
John Bentall

That helps with the size of the font, but it doesn't do much for the lack or writing ability. That article read like it was written by a Jr High drop out.

It's complete drivel, like a lot of UK bike magazines.

A German magazine did a proper 4,000 mile test driving 6 machines through Norway up to Nordkapp using a lot of partially made up roads like I imagine the Alaskan outback to be. The GS topped the poll by a narrow margin from the Yamaha.

That helps with the size of the font, but it doesn't do much for the lack or writing ability. That article read like it was written by a Jr High drop out.

A German magazine did a proper 4,000 mile test driving 6 machines through Norway up to Nordkapp using a lot of partially made up roads like I imagine the Alaskan outback to be. The GS topped the poll by a narrow margin from the Yamaha.

aND tHEREFORE...the absolute truth in why I am purchasing one of these Yam's.

It is so very close to the GSA : with only one sappy recall for a rear luggage plate. w00t...what's not to like? all for under $13large.(*some - waaay under $13K?*)

Seems like it'll be the real deal - I cannot wait for it.

YMMV

Firefight911

aND tHEREFORE...the absolute truth in why I am purchasing one of these Yam's.

It is so very close to the GSA : with only one sappy recall for a rear luggage plate. w00t...what's not to like? all for under $13large.(*some - waaay under $13K?*)

Seems like it'll be the real deal - I cannot wait for it.

YMMV

Bingo! And I will gladly say that my OTD price for the S10, ALL taxes, fees, etc. PLUS a pair of Alpinestar Scout boots, AND the 4 year YES extended warranty cost me $15k.

It will be interesting to see when they actually ship/arrive in the states. Pretty low on Japan's priorities right now. Yamaha provided generators among other things to help in the relief effort.

Status Yamaha

Selden,

That helps with the size of the font, but it doesn't do much for the lack or writing ability. That article read like it was written by a Jr High drop out. I tried several times to get though it, but had to give up. Had to settle with reading the snippets and looking at the pictures.

Keith - How can anyone possibly take you seriously with that avatar of yours?

:grin:

Selden,

Keith - How can anyone possibly take you seriously with that avatar of yours?

:grin:

Beats me :dopeslap:

Archived