IGNORED

K1600 Rider's Manuals

TestPilot

If anyone wants to see exactly how all the bells and whistles on the new K1600s work, the Rider's Manuals (in english) can downloaded from the BMW Motorrad Danmark website. Go to the BMW Motorrad international site (link) and select Denmark under National Websites. On the Denmark page, select "Downloade manualer" on the right and find the manual you want. EN means in english, SV means in Danish.

Gee, its got fuses...I thought that was "old school"...does this mean my Canbus system has been "canned"?

And 10w40 or 10w50 oil...what in the world is going on...this is blasphemy, is it not?

Ya add two cylinders and now the sky is falling....oh my!

Regarding the fuses, perhaps BMW has finally realized that people add things to touring bikes. Or perhaps a ZFE capable of controlling all the electrical accessories on the bikes might be impractical form a cost or size perspective.

And if you don't understand Danish (I know you can get the Eng version), they're also on BMW Canada's website (that was posted a few weeks back in the K Bikes section of the Board). Just select the appropriate model of bike from the drop-down menu and you'll find the manual under downloads. Yes, it's interesting that they have some fuses.

http://www.bmw-motorrad.ca/

Firefight911

Here

BTDT.

Have you noticed how many warning, cautions, advisements, etc. there are regarding low voltage? Yikes, that things got a lot of electrical draw on it!

Regarding the fuses, perhaps BMW has finally realized that people add things to touring bikes. Or perhaps a ZFE capable of controlling all the electrical accessories on the bikes might be impractical form a cost or size perspective.

Still, I hope BMW hasn't reverted back to the relay system with the chintzy (22 ga?) wires!

DAMHIK

Holy god this thing has a lot of indicators, lights, modes...

Here's my favorite line from the manual so far:

"A spare key attached to the same ring as the ignition key used to start the engine could "irritate" the electronics, in which case the enabling signal for starting is not issued."

I sure wouldn't want to irritate the electronics on this thing!

Archived