IGNORED

Diamond pattern on RT Russell Seat

Carl_T

Got a Russell for the RT. I didn't like the ultimate look of the half moon pattern on my last Russell, so decided to try the diamond pattern. I like this on the bike better than the half moon on my other bike. Though I'd show you guys in case anyone else likes it better as well and wants to do likewise.

5512.jpg.c57b3325cdc75b524b370a0ab4fcdfd5.jpg

Russell sure does make a fine seat = we haven't thought about our seat for the last 23,000 miles!

Congratulations, I'm sure you'll be enjoying it !!

08RT

I like my Sargent. I couldn't believe how uncomfortable stock the seat was. The worst stock seat of all the bikes I have owned in 37 years of riding.

Only downfall is the added stitching. If unprotected from rain,just that much more water can enter the "inner" cushion area (learned from experience).

I've had several Russell's/Corbin...etc and bought the "rain covers". Not a "cure all" but helps tremendously.

Oh,and make sure you "seal" the seat with a "Bees Wax" base sealant. Even morning dew can soak in an unprotected seat/leather.

I did buy the rain cover, thanks for the sealant tip Rich. The seat is as comfortable as it gets. Could be a tad lower for my 29.5in. inseam, but it's livable enough in that regard.

I hope it's very comfortable..R12RT stocker is not.

Not to offend anyone but..

IMO, aestheticaly it's not appealing to me at all.

It seems that many of the seats that have reputations for supreme comfort look bad to me.

I have a Sargent, Low version, all black with BMW Tri-color insert. Looks right spiffy in my minds eye. Probably not as comfortable as a Russell, but it's better than OEM. I also purchased an OEM BMW Comfort, Low version one piece seat off of Ebay late last year at a great price. It has a nice taut, clean appearance as well. Not sure yet if it is comfy or not.

If I rode long distance more frequently I'd buy anything that felt good regardless of what it looks like. Saddle discomfort can be nearly unbearable and a distraction from safe riding.

I guess pretty is as pretty does. And, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

dmilan

I like my Sargent. I couldn't believe how uncomfortable stock the seat was. The worst stock seat of all the bikes I have owned in 37 years of riding.

Try a 2007 Nomad.

Archived