IGNORED

Michelin Pilot Road 3's. Wow what a difference!

imeyers

Just got word that my new PR3's have shipped today. If I can get them mounted I will be out for a ride on Saturday!

I called the shop and told them to send me the non-B version since it was on back order for about a month. My Z6's have 9,100 miles on them and I can't wait to feel new tires on the RT. This will be my first experience with new tires on this bike, got it used in October.

I had a set of PR3s put on my 2010 RT today. I haven't had a chance to put them through their paces yet as the ride home from the dealer was only 100 miles.

I plan to rack up some miles on them between now and June. If the results are good, I'll be running them in the Iron Butt Rally (for as long as they'll last). If they don't work out, I'll go with something else (maybe back to Z6s, which do seem to last a while, or perhaps the ME880+Z6 combo that many high-mileage folks run).

Stay tuned.

Going to try running highr PSI in the front as many riders say that helps eliminate the cupping.

\v/

I ran 36lb front 42lb rear on my second set of PR2's on my K1200GT and avoided the cupping that I had on the first set.

The bike loved it!

That's what I run as well and have never had any cupping (not that an n = 3 means anything).

Joe

Going to try running highr PSI in the front as many riders say that helps eliminate the cupping.

\v/

I ran 36lb front 42lb rear on my second set of PR2's on my K1200GT and avoided the cupping that I had on the first set.

The bike loved it!

I'm running 36F 42R now. I don't know why this RT cups fronts, I've seen a few about the same. never had this on PR Sports on my R12ST, but the RT wear the middle out of those!

Archived