IGNORED

Heated Corbin for R1200RT Question

Captainflugel

Captainflugel

Seems like a simple question but no one I talked to at corbin today could give me an answer. As the corbin web site shows, the seat for the R1200RT comes in 3 versions. 1 Unheated, 2, heated by connecting directly to the battery and 3, heated by direct wiring to the existing BMW pig tails. Here is the question. The seats shown on the web page all have a switch on the side on the front and rear seats. I don't want a switch on the side of my front seat nor do I need one if the seat wires directly to the BMW wiring. I have a switch on my right bar with 2 temp settings and a display on my dash if the front seat is on and if it is in the low or high heat position. The rear seat should have a 3 position switch for the passenger just as the oem seat. I guess the question is, are they "plug and play" and operate just as oem seats (once the proper adapters are wired) or do I have a switch on the side of the seat I have to put in a low or high position and then put the handle bar control in low or high to match? I know the sargent seat web site states that it operates just as an oem unit as I have described but the corbin info and web site is very vague. Any one out there with a heated front and back corbin on a late model RT should be able to shed some light on this for me. Thanks.......

Joe Frickin' Friday

I have heated Corbin front&rear on my '09 1200RT.

The front saddle does not have a switch; it arrived with bare wires hanging from the underbody, and I snipped the connector off of the stock seat and soldered it onto the Corbin. When you order, you just need to tell them that your bike is factory-wired for a heated seat, and they'll send you the front saddle with no switch.

The rear saddle arrived with a 3-position switch on the left side. Like the front, it has bare wires hanging from the underbody, but I haven't soldered a connector onto it yet.

I'll never forget realizing Corbin put the rocker switch on the right side of my seat :dopeslap: Forever after a PITA to let go of the throttle....

Archived