IGNORED

Does anyone make a fat foot for the RT kickstand?

leeinmemphis

leeinmemphis

Hey everyone,

I rode in to work today and came out at lunch and the bike was leaned way over with the kickstand sunk into the asphalt. Does anyone know if any of the fat foots for the GS's will fit on an '02 RT? I would like to have something that bolted on so I don't have to start carrying/using an auxiliary plate for the kickstand to rest on. Any info would be appreciated.

Get yourself a hockey puck, slice it in half, otherwise it's too thick, and bolt it to your sidestand.

Works on the GS. No reason it won't work on the RT.

Many make fat foots for RTs. Here's a Bob's BMW plate on my former 2004

rtsidestandfoot.jpg

Wunderlich makes them. Perhaps Touratech. Many others. Well worth it (under $30).

-MKL

Hey everyone,

I rode in to work today and came out at lunch and the bike was leaned way over with the kickstand sunk into the asphalt. Does anyone know if any of the fat foots for the GS's will fit on an '02 RT? I would like to have something that bolted on so I don't have to start carrying/using an auxiliary plate for the kickstand to rest on. Any info would be appreciated.

Touratech, Wunderlich, Jake Wilson all have them, RPW I think, too.

I used to use a scrap piece of plywood for my old bike after it sank into fresh asphalt on the center stand until both tires were on the pavement. Inelegant but functional and cheeeep.

Budweiser also makes a fairly economical kickstand pad that does not require attachment to the bottom of the kickstand.

MSF and many others make a plastic footprint.

I have a fat foot on my bike but also carry the bigger plastic one in tankbag.

Add some monofilament longe enough to reach handlebar and you can just pull it up.

I use zip tie on both ends for easy slip around handlebar.

Handy for another rider if we stop in bad footing.

Peter Parts

Of all the mods in all the world of biking, hard to think of one that is more favorable to success than gluing on your own sidestand foot.

You can take most any block of anything, get the bike on a nice flat concrete floor, clean and apply epoxy, and let the bike rest on it.

And if you botch it, just who is inspecting the bottomside of your sidestand?

BTW, looks a whole lot better than those ugly and expensive jobbies with bits and pieces showing.

Ben

I made my own in about half an hour for under $1.

Bolts right to the existing plate. Easy!

Measures about 3X3"

Once I paint it black, it will be virtually invisible.

5510.jpg.e5227373fcb9d5c0c15b699ee32b2fad.jpg

Let us not forget the early El Paseo where the parking lot was just resurfaced.

The hotel staff handed out those round plastic pieces that go on the wall to prevent the inside door knob from whangsting the wall.

Lightweight and worked great for all size stands.

Archived