IGNORED

Riding to work

Pat Buzzard

I rode yesterday (and most of the week)... just around to run errands.

Of course it's 80 right now at 7PM.

Sorry for teasing.

tsp - from deep south Texas

I would have, if I had a job. However, I'm retired so I rode to the post office, grocery store, car dealer and then the long way home.

unfortunately still waiting for my new Pilot 3's, delayed twice due to lack of stock......can't wait:-D

ok everyone quit ordering so I can get mine

All right you guys-just stop it! :) I'm green with envy- we had an ice and snow storm shut the state down last night and it doesn't look like good weather and road conditions until April fools day. I want to ride. I put on 8 miles 3/15, to town and back and it was sweet! So just stop enjoying it until I can too! Just kidding of course. Stay safe.

Richard, I know what you mean. Although I have been out a few times for longer rides this past week, the southern members talks of their continued riding was driving me nuts!

Another way to look at it would be to say "that's what I'll be doing when the weather breaks."

Glad to have you here, and we hope you enjoy getting out for longer rides soon. :)

All winter long I spend too much time looking at days like today

1226359226_GGFfg-S.jpg

So you folks who are riding, you go right ahead and keep yakking about it. I live vicariously through you all. :thumbsup:

If I take my truck I get sleepy at my desk.

When I ride the bike a feel good all day.

:S

Sounds like you need to fix the exhaust leak to me.

----

Every day last week and so far this week. Almost 80 today.

I still got tired everyday @ 2:30 or so though.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to turn the A/C on yesterday. Too many 85+ degree days for the missus to handle it. Spent the afternoon at the beach today. 88F. At least there was a cooling breeze off the Gulf or I would have been sitting in sweat while I sizzled. Already looking forward to October when it starts to cool down again.

Wait, Un is in August! Whoo-hoo! And I'm going to Chicago in June! (Better be under 90F.)

Rinkydink, great tagline.

Looking forward to a 2200ml (each way) commute in June/July :clap:

This piddling little 10ml daily commute gets somewhat routine.

unfortunately still waiting for my new Pilot 3's, delayed twice due to lack of stock......can't wait:-D

ok everyone quit ordering so I can get mine

I managed to snag a set of PR3's a day or so after the distributor got them. My Cycle Gear manager took good care of me in getting them, and says he cant obtain them just now due to high demand. You are absolutely going to love these tires. They are very sticky, run quite neutral in the twisties and are generally quiet and well-behaved. :grin:

Now off to work on the RR ! :clap:

Oh.. I forgot.... we had a 90 degree max yesterday and I took a quick ride to enjoy the beautiful day. Sorry for you guys with snow and bad weather ! :wave:

Witch_Doctor

Not riding to work everyday, but getting a nice little 50 mile juant in daily. Been in the 90's, so I wait till about 7pm when it cools down a bit and take nice beach ride up A1A.

By the way, that snow looks cold . . . :grin:

P4091371.jpg

Although there are now a few bikes on our paved roads there's too much sand at the intersections for our liking so we're spending our riding time gathering and boiling down.

Soon Kath will be commuting on her Virago but I'm still trying to figure out how to mount ladder racks on aRTy before I can commute.

Pat Buzzard

I must be out of my mind. I was all set to ride the RT into work this morning, when it failed to turn over. This bike has a bad habit of sapping the battery dry if it isn't ALWAYS on a battery charger. I'd love know what's drawing all the power but anywho, I hit the go button-no dice. So I decided to throw my leg over my old honda and ride that in. The honda fired right up and off I went. I hadn't gone more than 100 yards when I realized the folly of my plan: it was only 35 degrees out and I was riding a naked bike wearing an open face helmet, jacket and jeans. Needless to say I am now sitting in my office mostly froze... BUT BOY WAS IT FUN SEEING THE LOOKS OF INCREDULITY ON ALL THE CAGER'S FACES!!

Archived