IGNORED

Odyssey PC680 - terminal adapters needed or not?

Sailorlite

When replacing the OE Exide battery with a PC680, will I want some kind of angled adapters on the terminals? I see occasional reference to adapters, and some vendors include them it seems. But are they necessary or even useful? Is there a particular type of adapter that I would need to specify?

I know the PC680's case is a little smaller than the Exide's case but this evidently is not a big deal. (Talking '08 RT here). Thanks.

I bought a PC680 for my '08 RT. It came with "L" shaped adapters that change the battery to the same configuration as stock.

I bought a PC680 for my '08 RT. It came with "L" shaped adapters that change the battery to the same configuration as stock.

+2

+2

+3. I actually bought the adapters and found out the battery came with them anyway. Didn't need to buy them...

The battery is smaller and will move around unless you do some kind of mod. My solution was to cut 2 small pieces of fuel line tubing and insert them under the hold down bracket. Cheap and simple.

738941432_8jrVn-L.jpg

loboheritage

Where did you buy yours? How much?

Where did you buy yours? How much?

I picked mine up here. $115.00 plus shipping. L Brackets included (I actually bought them anyway because I did not know). Add to cart to get the correct price.

http://www.portablepower.com/odyssey_pc680-p-890.html

Used Tapatio's trick to get the fit right. Fits fine with a couple of sections of rubber tubing. (thanks Tapatio!)

Archived