IGNORED

Please tell me of your Micatech experiences.

mistercindy

mistercindy

I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of Micatech Pilots for my '05 12GS. I plan on getting them with the Michatech roof racks (LINK) soldered on the top of the bags. But before I lay down $1,400 I'd like to hear of others' experiences with them. Such as:

• Customer service?
  • Any installation issues?
  • Ease of use (ie., taking them on and off)?
  • Do the racks and bags lock onto the bike well?
  • Complaints?
  • Extras from Michatech that you ordered or chose not to order.

Thanks in advance.

Dirtmerchant
I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of Micatech Pilots for my '05 12GS. I plan on getting them with the Michatech roof racks (LINK) soldered on the top of the bags. But before I lay down $1,400 I'd like to hear of others' experiences with them. Such as:

I had them on my recently sold GS and really liked them, I would buy from them again. I have answered your questions below but you may want to head over to ADV and do some research there too.

•  
  • Customer service?
    Their Customer Service is great, Sue and Bob handle everything themselves. I had a small issue, which I believe was isolated and won't go into here but I couldn't be happier with the way it was handled.
    ---
  • Any installation issues?
    No issues on my R12GS, it did take some time but the fit was perfect.
    ---
  • Ease of use (ie., taking them on and off)?
    They go on and off easy. The only comment I have is that they need to be mostly empty to get to the interior mounting hardware.
    ---
  • Do the racks and bags lock onto the bike well?
    There are 3 mounting set bolts on the interior of each case, two connect to the mounting points on each side of the bike and on brace between the two bags.
    ---
  • Complaints?
    No complaints, I owned them ~4years. THE ONLY thing I didn't like was that you can't put a your key into the seat release on the left side of the bike. Some folks leave there spare key in it and others attach a hidden cable to the seat release and run it out under the rear fender.
    ---
  • Extras from Michatech that you ordered or chose not to order.
    I bought their interior bags, a little expensive but they fit and made loading and unloading on a trip a breeze.
    ---

Thanks in advance.

No experience just my opinion that on the R1200GS the Micatech are THEEEE best looking cases on the market! I also love the way the side opening works!! If I had a R120GS I'd have Micatech's on it!

Archived