IGNORED

Hydraulic Clutch Bleed

CarlosB

Hi, I'm servicing my hydraulic clutch with a fluid change & bleed and am following the "Hydraulic Clutch Bleed Walk-through". Seem fairly easy so I'm not having any problems. That is until the very end with leaving the speed bleeder in place or not. Can there be a problem with it left in place? The "running with scissors" type! makes wonder. Any thought?

Thanks,

Carlos

Morning Carlos

If you removed the “factory fill” check valve assembly then installed the speed bleeder directly into the end of the remote clutch bleeder hose then no problem leaving it in (be the same as leaving a speed bleeder in a brake caliper) as it is tightened firmly into it’s seat when done.

On the other hand if you used the speed bleeder directly into the end of the “factory fill” check valve assembly you should remove it and replace the factory sealing plug.

Thanks... Now I can just get rid of that fill adapter ($50.00 at dealer) that I just about ruined while drilling out the grab screw that had been rounded out. Now I can get a better night sleep.

Thanks all for your help.

Carlos

TracyMurphy

Hi Carlos,

I just did this project. Be sure you have a flare nut wrench to hold the fitting on the fill hose. The fill adapter on mine was REAL HARD to get off.

Hi Tracy & your right about needing a flare nut wrench my is the same way. I'll have to get a metric wrench, most of my tools are SAE.

Carlos

Try heating the fitting up.

Heat softens the thread locker on the threads.

Just don't over do it & melt the plastic hose DAMHIK

That is how I got mine off by using some heat on the metal of the hose and vise grips on the barrel of the adapter. Not a pretty solution but did work.

BB

Archived