IGNORED

Big Mak Tank Bag

Captainflugel

Captainflugel

I had a big mak tank bag for my r11150 rt and it was the best bag for me. I just got a 2009 r1200rt and made the mistake of buying the BMW tank bag. Love the mount, hate the bag. Big Mak makes a retro bag to fit the stock BMW tank bag pan. What a great idea. Now if I could buy one how great would that be. The big mak site lists the items but no way to order. The 1 800 number does not work, Mark, the owner never answers his phone and no one answers e mails. Does anyone out there know the trick or special hand shake to get them to take my money? I bought my other tank bag by them from cycle gadgets which is now out of business. Really just curious about others experiences with Mark and Big Mak. Mark, if you are out there many of us like your products and would like to purchase them! A little help, please.......

Danny caddyshack Noonan

There were some similar posts several months ago. I did have a question for him last summer and he was out on a long ride but, did get back to me.

Morning Captainflugel

I have dealt with Mark for long time (but not recently). Last time he was hard to get through to.

I have 2 contact numbers for him:

On either number, sometimes you need to let it ring for a long time.

No guarantee he is still in business but he was last summer.

I mounted a Wolfman bag on the RT tank bag frame. worked great. The Wolfman was a bit large and sometimes blew the horn when in the full right "lock" position but no issue when riding. Great bag.

209620102_DHSEF-XL.jpg

209620098_QxjeN-XL.jpg

i e-mail him and call him. Usually one works. I got a replacement bag (first one only lasted 8 years 110K jeez) :-)

I now have it on my R1200st. my opinion only but well worth the extra effort to get in touch with him. No other bag system compares

I loved my Big Mak bag on my 1100RT. I have the BMW bag on my 1200, and it's not nearly as good.

My riding friend just bought a ST1300 and wants a Big Mak, but after months of trying, has given up on contacting Mark.

I spend about an hour on the phone with him last winter. He shared that he had been having health issues that caused him to not be as proactive as he wanted to be. The good news at the time was that he was riding again, and working on the products those of us that own them, love. He told me that he was looking forward to attending the Rally in Redmond, as it was "in the neighborhood". I did not see him there. If you can contact him, it is worth the effort.

Captainflugel

I think at this point I am going to toss in the towell and go with a different tank bag. Only one of the numbers on the site works and it won't take a message. E mails have not been read much less answered. I guess he is out of business. Wonder why the site is still up? Anyway, thanks for the responses....

Steve Kolenda

I purchased a Bag from Big Mak last fall. Was charged for the bag but did not receive it. Tried calling all of the numbers without any response. Even thought about calling the local police to ask them to check on him because I thought maybe something had happened to him. Finally I filed a claim with MasterCard for the charges and within a week the bag showed up. The quality was not as good as the previous bag and I e-mailed him regarding the problem but never heard back.

Exploreinman

I have a Big Mac bag mounted on a BMW bag baseplate and it works great. The Big Mac is a perfect size for my needs. The BMW bag is too big for my liking.

Archived