IGNORED

difference between Tuono and Mille

randy

I know about naked vrs plastic. I am wondering about the basic's. handling, engine, accelaration, etc. I currently have a R1100s as my track bike. After this year I wanted to upgrade. My first inclination is a 2003 - 2004 tuono. But if a nice mille came up, I am wondering if I should consider it.

I know David had a Tuono, with basically Mille bars. I really like that set up. But if I can get a mille cheaper than a tuono just wondering if I should consider it.

I have had a RSV Mille for 6 years now. It is a 2000.5 so it's a early model. The later models had upgrades with the engine mainly so they had a little more HP than the early models. The 2002 and later models had larger valves so they had a little more power. I think that 2004 was the 2nd generation bike.

You are right that the Mille is cheaper than the Tuono and a nice example of the Mille 1st generation can be had for $3000 to $3500. The R model with the Ohlins suspenion can be had for another $500 to $1000. Watch the for sale section of AF1 racing or Aprilia Forum. I use my Mille for solo sport touring and canyon riding. The early models held more fuel and were a little roomier so that even at 62years old I am comfortable for 400 mile days of tight roads. I have convertibars on mine. I have upgraded mine over the years with Penske shock and Oz wheels, GP suspension valving on the front. I will also add that these bike have a very tough Rotax motor.If you have anymore questions PM me

what "models" did the Tuono come in? I have seen

Tuono

Tuono R

Tuono Factory

Tuono Factory R

Now maybe they do not actually know what bike they have. But I am wondering if some of the craig list posters, are trying to "sell" thier Tuono as more than it is.

I have been looking at the 2007 model year bikes.

never mind found a listing

2003: Aprilia Tuono 1000 Fighter and Aprilia Tuono Racing launched.

2003 Aprilia Tuono 1000 Racing: An uprated version of the standard Aprilia Tuono 1000, featuring Ohlins suspension and steering damper, OZ wheels and carbon fibre body panels.

2005: Fully revised Aprilia Tuono 1000 based on new-style RSV1000 launched. Aprilia Tuono 1000 R motorcycle is joined by hi spec Aprilia Tuono 1000 Factory.

2006: Aprilia Tuono 1000 R is all you get, but it's got latest bodywork, Aprilia RSV1000 R chassis and engine tweaks.

2006 Aprilia Tuono 1000 Factory: Like the Aprilia Tuono 1000 Racing before the Factory

version of the current Aprilia Tuono 1000 features a long list of high-spec chassis parts, but is

also 6bhp more powerful and 9kg lighter than the standard motorcycle.

2007: Aprilia Tuono 1000 Factory launched.

ShovelStrokeEd
Ed....ShovelStroke is the proud and current owner of this bike.

And it now has a wonderful sounding set of Akrapovic slip-ons on it and a set of Ducati streetfighter handle bars, lower and further forward as well as CRG folding levers and bar end mirrors (over $1K in handle bars alone).

Most fun to ride bike I have ever owned. Biggest problem I have now is I have a bum hip and can't ride the thing.

Randy, PM me, I'll make you a hell of a deal.

Archived