IGNORED

What a difference your gear makes

cali_beemer

cali_beemer

I needed a mental health relief from personal issues this last weekend so I took an unplanned road trip. From Sacramento to Montery on Friday, then down to Morro Bay on Saturday along Highway 1. On Sunday it was time to go home along Highway 1, but this time up to Half Moon Bay and through San Francisco. Normally I study the weather beforehand but this weekend I didnt care, I needed to go regardless. Just recently I decided to invest in some new riding gear. A friend tipped me off (thanks Nick!) on a like new complete Aerostich Darien suit complete with liner in my size. I won the auction for $330 and I must say, I was impressed. I got caught in some ugly weather Sunday and spent hours in heavy rain, extreme downpours at times. By the time I got home I was still warm and completely dry. I also invested in a new full face Bell Star helmet and it too did an extremely good job, quiet great venting and and excellent shield. My trusty old gore tex BMW boots performed flawlessly as well, like they have for 14 years. The new heated Russel Day long provived the comfort I was accustomed to by my last RDL seat. I also shouldnt forget to mention my deep admiration and love for my RT. It handled the weather with ease. The fairing did nothing but impress me. The stability, grip, comfort and conveniences make a ugly weather day a complete positive experience. In the past I have never really invested in proper riding gear but I must say it has tranformed my riding experience. While I am not new to the RT or beemers in general, its easy to get caught up in all the posts on fixing the bike or issues that have plagued us in the past but sometimes you just have to take a step back and realize how good you have it! I couldnt imagine a bike that could have treated me better and the rest of the gear was just icing on the cake. Not alot of pictures since this trip was more about mental recovery but I will share the one I did take near Santa Cruz as the wet weather started to settle in.

photo1.jpg

PCH = Best Attitude Adjustment Route.

I took the same trip after I was laid off some time ago. Puts things in perspective, don't it?

Your timing was good! The PCH is CLOSED South of Carmel! Will be for about a month because of a slide. Wish I knew you were going to be riding this way! I probably would have ridden part of the ride with you!

I have First Gear jacket and pants, with rain gear and a Gerbings vest. I just rode to work and back today, with home in the rain and arrived dry, as usual. The gear DOES make the icing on the cake.

Nice gear + RT + Rain = fun! I got caught in some downpours this winter and loved it. It's all the cagers and >70 deg F moto riders that think you're nuts. If only they knew how relaxing it can be....

Sounds like a great ride. My wife and I are going to monterey in a couple weeks. Hopefully the slide will be cleaned.

Archived