IGNORED

iPod/radar splitter options needed.

JerryMather

JerryMather

Please link me to splitter options for connecting both my radar unit and iPod together along with a set of ear buds. I have a nonpowered one now that one of our members used to make years ago but I've seen powered ones over the years but can't seem to locate the one I saw.

Thanks in advance

I am also in search of such device.

Mix-it2 is great but a bit expensive. May be not expensive for all the features it offers, but for a simple two audio merge as the OP request it is expensive.

Is there any other way to isolate two audio device? would simple diodes work?

JerryMather

Yes there is and I have one that I've been using for a long time. It lowers the volume of both devices but it does work well, unfortunately it's a homemade deal with a printed circuit and the guy doesn't make them anymore.

I asked this question for a friend that wants to have something similar to what I have.

The boosteroo only has one input circuit and two output

The boostaroo does the opposite what we are looking for.

It amplifies a single audio signal to be used with two headphones or simply amplifies audio to be used with speakers.

I use the Radar OverRide from Kennedy Technology. It works well with just a tiny loss of volume, not enough to be an issue. It is powered by a 9 volt battery, but that is used to kill the music and let you hear the radar detector when a signal is present.

Here is their website. I don't see the exact unit I have, but this one seems to be what you need.

Archived