IGNORED

Need Advice, Autocom????

mistral

I need to be able to talk to my GF and listen to an mp3 player. I could do that on the Gloldwing I just sold. What do I need to make this happen on my RT. I have the headsets (J&M) that worked on the Honda. May not work on the RT. I am pretty green on this stuff so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

There are quite a few options out there. I went with the Starcom1, very happy with the sound and usability of it. Can connect anything to it and it just works. Autocom is a little more expensive but lots of the folks around here say it's worth it.

I've tried going the Bluetooth route and wasn't satisfied. for me it was a matter of connectivity, too many devices and not enough channels. Also, passenger can not listen to the same music as the driver.

Assuming you GF is riding with you and you have no requirement to talk bike to bike, keep an eye on eBay for an Autocom Easi-Plus kit and a spare headset and mic. It will do everything you need without a lot of fuss.

Contact Adam (RocketMoto on this forum). He is an audio expert.

His Phone # is 877-533-4245!

Ditto on Adam at RocketMoto.

I have an Autocom on my '08 GT and love it. I don't use it with an iPod, but I have the Zumo 550 (with XM), V1 Radar, Blackberry (bluetoothed to the Autocom), bike to bike walkie talkie, and Tony-to-Wife intercom working as advertised. We use Etymotic ER-6i Isolators plugged into the socket on the Autocom helmet lead.

Archived