IGNORED

Hi from a Sandgroper

BIWOZ

G'day, Bruce here from WA ... that's Western Australia. A Sandgroper is an Aussie colloquial term for a Western Australian: just as South Australians are Croweaters, Victorians are Mexicans and so on.

I ride an 1150RT, mainly two-up with Dearly Beloved on the back. Neither of us is a spring chicken anymore, but we dearly love to ride ... and I've been known to give the throttle a bit of a twist when on my own ... :grin:

Have ridden a big loop around the north-west of the US and my bro-in-law (an American) is trying to persuade me to go back and ride Alaska with him.

Who knows ... :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find a lot of like-thinking folks from all over the world here and a lot of very useful info on riding, bikes and gear.

Welcome to the board, and thanks for the language lesson. So interesting to me that we generally understand each other, although we say things so differently. But I didn't know those terms.

Struth, now we've come a cropper. Next thing you know the bloody banana benders will turn up and we'll have a right ding dong.

Welcome mate :)

Note to Americans:

Keep us away from our pommy mates or we'll all start talking cricket. You'll never again be so confused in your life.

Struth, now we've come a cropper. Next thing you know the bloody banana benders will turn up and we'll have a right ding dong.

Can you translate please?????

Damn/Dang, we have had an accident/misadventure/crash. Next thing you know the bloody Queenslanders will turn up and we'll have a right fight/altercation. Simple really. :grin:

When I first came to the States in the early 80's with three mates we were able to converse amongst ourselves quite freely about almost anything and I dont believe anyone listening understood. Even though it was English we spoke in slang a lot . Probably not so easy today. Ask Richard, Jacqueline and Twisties. They have met a few Australians ;)

Damn/Dang, we have had an accident/misadventure/crash. Next thing you know the bloody Queenslanders will turn up and we'll have a right fight/altercation. Simple really. :grin:

When I first came to the States in the early 80's with three mates we were able to converse amongst ourselves quite freely about almost anything and I dont believe anyone listening understood. Even though it was English we spoke in slang a lot . Probably not so easy today. Ask Richard, Jacqueline and Twisties. They have met a few Australians ;)

Nothing, and I mean nothing, can describe what happens when you and Richard are in the same room. :)

Archived