IGNORED

Denver Area Tech Day/ Meet and Greet

Mrs. Caddis

Mrs. Caddis

Hi all, Kevin and I decided it was time to step up and host a Tech/Meet and Greet Day. Since we are both relatively new to wrenching we have lined up a couple of locals that know a bit more than we do! We are looking at April 2nd with a back up date of the 9th or 16th. Right now I need to know the level of interest for this and if the 2nd is a good date. My main interest right now, besides meeting more of you, is brake maintenance. If you have some specific maintenance need, let us know so we can make sure to have the proper tools on hand.

I would be very intrested on any of the dates.

What it realy depends on is how my wife is doing or if i can get

someone to be with her for awhile.

I can bring the drinks

I talked to a little birdy earlier today and he thought we should go to Denver for your tech day.

No arm twisting needed.

Gotta work out a few things first...

L

I'm a definite maybe - being 100+ miles west of Superior, it's still winter here in the mountains. With the scoot in storage and 4 feet of snow up against the door, it's not real promising at this time, maybe I'll have to take the cage. I'll stay in touch.

Even here, it is still a roll of the dice on the weather that time of year. So of course, you are welcome to come without the bike. It may be more "meet and greet" than tech, but we will see what people want to do.

Mrs. Caddis

So we are a go for April 2nd in Superior, Colorado (Along the Turnpike between Boulder and Denver). Around 9am. Food and beverages provided. PM me for directions.

Missouri Bob
So we are a go for April 2nd in Superior, Colorado (Along the Turnpike between Boulder and Denver). Around 9am. Food and beverages provided. PM me for directions.

09:00? You guys start drinking early.

Bob

Mrs. Caddis

I always have a pot of tea going before 9am! :grin:

What time do you suggest? We are new at this tech day stuff.

Nice, I hope it wasn't too painful for you! Is Janet coming too?
I have to talk to her before I can commit, she's not at home today. Is it OK if I bring a few non-BMWST bikers from the local area? I know quite a few riders in your area, mostly from the infamous Denizens of Doom, I've been riding with a couple of them for 25 years or so.
Mrs. Caddis

Sure, I just need a head count so I have enough food. Are they interested in wrenching or just socializing? (We do have a Suzuki in the garage!)

They're pretty much all BMW riders and all will have wrenched at some point. I'll take names and numbers in the next week or so.

Mrs. Caddis

Hampton Quality Courtyard

All three of these are less than 12 yrs old. about 2.5 miles from our house.

There is also several In Broomfield that are close like the Omni anything near Rocky Mountain Metro Airport (formally Jeffco).

Hampton Quality Courtyard

All three of these are less than 12 yrs old. about 2.5 miles from our house.

There is also several In Broomfield that are close like the Omni anything near Rocky Mountain Metro Airport (formally Jeffco).

Thanks

Cathy & I will be there for sure and can bring tools for most BMW-type maintenance chores.

April 2nd or 9th would work for me. Have a road trip to Taos NM planned for the 16 which entails green chili beer and burritos... :)

Weather ain't looking too bad.

Killer is wimping out, but eddd and I are making a list and checking it twice.

Mark Goodrich has been notified.....he is thinking :dopeslap:

Anyone else??????????

markgoodrich

Anyone else??????????

It's a THOUSAND MILES!!!!!!! So, Whip, three days up, three days back, right? I need an hour every afternoon for a nap. Where are my keys?

Anyone else??????????

It's a THOUSAND MILES!!!!!!! So, Whip, three days up, three days back, right? I need an hour every afternoon for a nap. Where are my keys?

Brother Lime has not trained you by now?

It is only 15 hours of riding.

Start at 7am be there at ten for a late dinner.

:)

Mrs. Caddis

So far, the weather forecast for next weekend is still looking good. But of course, that could change. Since it is usually still pretty cold in the mornings, we are pushing the start time to around 10:00. Pillions welcome...

For anyone who needs directions, please PM me.

Gee, guess who has a new set of Wilbur's scheduled to arrive this morning? I wonder if me and my little 'ol shocks are worthy of the collective wit & wisdom that'll be assembled at Casa Caddis....

Okay, enough of this acting coy BS. I've never done a front and rear shock replacement on a BMW. I have good mechanical skills and lots of tools but I'm not quite sure EXACTLY what tools to bring.

Heck, just getting out on a gorgeous spring day and meeting some fine BMWST folks makes the journey trip worthy. So, should I bring my new suspension farkles to the tech day/meet & greet or just come up and hang out?

Eileen, please PM me directions.

Okay, after rereading all the posts it appears that this meet up is more social than tech so I can back off the new Wilber's install.

I should be sidestand up in a few minutes, but I'll be taking the slow way down, via 287, and won't be there until ~10:30 or later.

My flight landed on time last night. So I will be there about 10-ish. I can't stay for lunch, as I have piles of stuff to do before I fly back to my jobsite tomorrow. But it will nice to put some faces to names.

Home @ about 6:30 after a warm and windy but uneventful ride. Many thanks to Eileen and Kevin for hosting! I really enjoyed the visit.

As you know, we canceled due to weather... which is now at 8" or so of new, heavy, wet snow. Glad we are not on the road looking for a safe way home, but sorry we missed it.

Thanks to Kevin and Eileen for hosting.

See you in Torrey.

I've been to a few tech days for various bike brands and this one was hands-down the best one I have ever attended. Kudos to the Caddis' for putting on such a good one.

It was great meeting the people I had not yet met and also catching up with some old friends.

Thanks, everyone. It was the participants that made the event a good time. We just provided food and a location.

Pictures will be in Ride Tales later today.

I'll let the photos speak for themselves but will add this; I'm REALLY glad Kevin didn't have his camera at the ready when the sparks were flying.

Special thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Caddis for opening up their home and in incredible lunch spread!

And thanks to Bob for his tech assistance and creative language skills, to Gordon and is lovely wife for their help, to Robert for his assistance with some of the narly stuff, to Lynn for her help (wish you could have stayed longer), and to Greg for not poking fun at me.

Hopz, Whip, Killer, you guys shoulda come!!

An excellent day all around.

The weather couldn't have been better - but was surpassed by Eileen and Kevin our super hosts, Eileen's wonderful lunch spread and great camaraderie amongst all in attendance, not to forget that a little bike maintenance was completed as well.

Archived