IGNORED

Doggies

David

My tear ducts exploded when I had to put my German Shepherd to sleep. She was 13 years old, pure bred had her trained for obedience, hand signals and scent tracking. She was also at my side when I went through my divorce.

It took me 2 days to get mentally ready to take her to the Vets. When I got there I lost it and the tears came running. I apologized to the Vet, the Vet told me not to apologize, it just shows how much you love your pet.

I get teary just writing this.

My 17 year old lab whose name is also Tank , Just had his Vet check last Friday and has been put on notice...... Yet, he still tries to keep up with his friends out on the ranch.

At some point soon , drug will not be the answer.

Thanks David for the short film... its never easy, just awhile ago we had to medically stop the life of my bosses 4 year old female Newfoundland due to kidney failure. Tank has been with me since he was weaned. Seems different, old age - kidney failure.

Naa, not really,death is death... But as the film pointed out "We have a history" together that changes the hole scope .

My tear ducts exploded when I had to put my German Shepherd to sleep. She was 13 years old, pure bred had her trained for obedience, hand signals and scent tracking. She was also at my side when I went through my divorce.

It took me 2 days to get mentally ready to take her to the Vets. When I got there I lost it and the tears came running. I apologized to the Vet, the Vet told me not to apologize, it just shows how much you love your pet.

I get teary just writing this.

I got teary reading it. I have a GSD, he just turned two, and I worry at what may happen in 10 plus years.

Jerry Johnston

I don't blame you for crying, any animal lover would. Most of us have gone through this. I have a friend whose German Shepard died from cancer yesterday and have an older Border Collie that has a cancerous tumor removed a week ago so I'll be going through that in a couple of months.

I couldnt watch this without shedding a tear. My 14 year old collie suffered a stroke over Christmas and he was unable to walk stand or do anything without assistance. I took him to the Vets and was expecting the worst. I was crying all the way to the Vets. The Vet was very sympathetic and said he could try a massive dose of steriods and vitamin b as this may help. Lo and behold the following morning he was attempting to walk and has recovered steadily since . The vet did say that the old boys on borrowed time and to make the most of the time we have left with him. I think i upset the wife when she asked if i would get as upset if she was going to leave me and I jokingly said probably not as much as i will when the dog finally goes.

(The wrong thing to say by the way) Pet animals seem to love you no matter what you do and how you treat them and the bonds that you build with them are very hard to break.

Archived