IGNORED

Short screen for 1200RT

Pup.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, so please be gentle.

I am looking for an aftermarket SHORT screen for my 2007 RT.

I saw one on Ebay a while back, but haven't seen it since.

It is only about 3 inches taller than the black dash when in the lower position. It gets bloody hot and humid in summer here in Queensland, so a bit of airflow is welcome.

If anyone knows the ones I am talking about, let me know.

Cheers,

Mick

Welcome Mike, with only a quick google search I found this link to ebay http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-67261-24966-0/2?ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=263602&kwid=1&mtid=691&crlp=1_263602&icep_item_id=400190897860&itemid=400190897860. At 22.5" tall it is only I believe 2" shorter than the stock shield though.

No affiliation and I have never done business with this person. Some people have cut their stock shield down and I'm sure they will chime in soon.

There, that was pretty gentle wasn't it?

Fill out your profile so we know a little more about you...

First off, welcome to the board! The folks at Cal-Sci (linky) will custom cut a screen to your specs. Very good people to work with and a well made product. Not sure about shipping but I'm sure something can be worked out.

take your stock and cut it , easy to do, the edge cleans up nice with fine sandpaper, you can find the stock ones on ebay for 50 bucks.

I just ordered a Cal Sci screen and noticed they now have a short Sport Screen for our bikes. For now I just wanted a larger screen to help insulate me from the cold, but for summer use I may give their new Short Sport Screen a try. I think it looks pretty cool in the dark tint.

COG

Cee-Bailey makes a couple of excellent short screens. I have one and it makes riding the bike in 100+ degree F temps bearable. As you can see, I got the dark tint. there are others. thDSC00363.jpg

Installed my Cal Sci screen this weekend. It's 3+ top and sides. What a difference! Noise has diminished greatly, as has the buffeting. I can see that it might be a little warm in summer, but for now it's great. I may go with their short screen for the hot Texas summers.

:thumbsup: to Calsci, good product!

COG

take your stock and cut it , easy to do, the edge cleans up nice with fine sandpaper, you can find the stock ones on ebay for 50 bucks.

What do you use to make the cut? Thanks

Cee-Bailey makes a couple of excellent short screens. I have one and it makes riding the bike in 100+ degree F temps bearable. As you can see, I got the dark tint. there are others. thDSC00363.jpg

That is looking the goods, will check them out.

With the current exchange rate, it is good buying for us Aussies in the USA.

Thanks everyone for your help so far and the warm welcome.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the board! :wave:

I run the CeeBailey sumdome

335284930_t8UeN-L.jpg

It's not as short as you seem to be looking for, but wanted to give you another option.

Installed my Cal Sci screen this weekend. It's 3+ top and sides. What a difference! Noise has diminished greatly, as has the buffeting. I can see that it might be a little warm in summer, but for now it's great. I may go with their short screen for the hot Texas summers.

:thumbsup: to Calsci, good product!

COG

COG, I have the Cali-Sci windscreen too.. I bought the bike (a 2010 with 2,100 miles) and it was on it already, and I have the stocker) and without knowing what the stocker is like.. I think it's LOUD! I'm gonna swap back the stocker to see... I feel those vent holes in the front allow a lot of wind noise. My cruiser was WAY quieter, in terms of wind noise.. Okay now, turn your head sideways ;-) (SORRY FOR SHORT-HIJACK!)

windshield.jpg

Hi Mike,

335284930_t8UeN-L.jpg

It's not as short as you seem to be looking for, but wanted to give you another option.

Is that a squirrel on the road?

Seriously, that is more what I am looking for.

But I cannot find it on their website.

Thanks for the help, Sharon.

Regards,

Mike.

Hi Mike,

335284930_t8UeN-L.jpg

Is that a squirrel on the road?

Seriously, that is more what I am looking for.

But I cannot find it on their website.

Thanks for the help, Sharon.

Regards,

Mike.

Yeah, that is a "Roadent" all right! 'Round these parts they calls 'em roadents because you mostly sees 'em in the road.

:/

Cee Baily's

Sharon has the Sumdome. She is 5'2", mostly leg, and rides with the low seat in the low position. She needed the low windscreen to avoid looking through the non-optically correct oem screen. But interestingly, at a bit over 5'9" when I get on the bike, either with a standard seat, or the low seat in the high position, I find the Sumdome performs well for me as well. Quieter and smoother air. Very impressive performance.

Cee Bailey's makes a Rally Sportshield link

I just got one from my local dealer. I wandered in there last Saturday and found it hanging on the wall. They didn't know what it was. Got it for $95. Fits perfectly but I haven't ridden with it yet as it's still cool here in PA. I get too hot in the summer with the standard screen too.

Archived