IGNORED

So...

Matts_12GS

This friend of mine calls me to ask if I can help look at his bike. It's not running right, hasn't been ridden in a while etc. I go get the bike and ride it back to my house, admiring how awkwardly it handles with a 300mm back tire and that skinny lil ol' hoop out front about two yards.

Riding choppers is something I always wanted to do, but now that I've done it, I don't know that I want to do it again. That 110" motor was a blast to twist the throttle until you had to stop. Or turn. We won't mention turning around. I can't wait till I make chopper man ride my GS. :dopeslap:

Anyway, bike has a bad transmission seal and I decide to take it up to the dealer to have a friend of mine look at it. I knew that nobody would believe my threats if I didn't have pictures so here I am... Some of the faces of cars I passed were well worth it.

1204160365_zuFVJ-L.jpg

What an incongruous photo. :eek:

I don't know about that, but one of these things ain't like the other...

There's a tattoo under there just dying to get out.

motoman and barbed wire around my biceps...

what else?

Francois_Dumas

But... but... it doesn't even HAVE a front wheel !! :eek: You lost it when braking ??

I am surprised the bike didn't just go through a case of rejection and spit you off for wearing all that hi-viz on it.

I am surprised the bike didn't just go through a case of rejection and spit you off for wearing all that hi-viz on it.

It did develop a bit of a stumble and stall at busy intersections, once requiring me to really give the loud handle a twist... Right behind two police cars. The sneezing of the compression releases certainly did sound like discomfort.

Other than cornering and stopping it was a lot of fun to ride, although turning is a bit like making a coordinated turn in an airplane. Instead of aileron, rudder, elevator you start to countersteer, hip check the big tire off center and then drop the inside elbow as you add a little power. Simple! :rofl:

CoarsegoldKid

Matt you might start a new fashion for chopper riders. The full coverage helmet is an evolution from cereal bowl helmets to bowls with skull print face masks. Maybe the good folks at Aerostich and others can make the suits with a beer belly and tattooed arm and back prints.

Glad you didn't hurt yourself. That would have been a bad post.

The only way to make that picture better is with ape hangers . . . :rofl:

Sadly, ape hangers are illegal in FL. Old people can't reach that high. Poor circulation, ya know. Well, that and apes can't get motorcycle endorsements.

Paul Mihalka

"Well, that and apes can't get motorcycle endorsements."

But they can get a car drivers' license?

That is just wrong.

You know, of course, that if you had had an accident and were laying there all broke and stuff, the paramedics would have just walked right past you..."Nope - that ain't the rider. Keep looking, he's gotta be around here someplace."

"Well, that and apes can't get motorcycle endorsements."

But they can get a car drivers' license?

Dead people can get a license here. So can the blind. And don't get me started on the stupid people! :dopeslap::mad:

As for apehangers, the law says handgrips can't be higher than shoulder height.

Archived